Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
So far, no out-of-state dealers accepted an out-of-state buyer and yes, they all have waitlists for 4S for local buyers only. I am in WA and tried OR, ID, CA dealers. Communism intensifies - you have money, but can't buy; dealers are totally uninterested to earn your business.
IMHO if you're not having much luck with neighboring west coast states, you'll need to cast your net WAY wider, especially to mountain and Midwest states with more severe weather extremes and possibly lower overall Porsche sales and demand, shipping is not really a big deal for these out of state dealerships especially if you cover shipping costs which far outweighs the costs you'd have to pay in the form of ADM at the dealerships you've already tried.
Sponsored

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
FWIW I purchased my 4S in Spring 2021, considerably "way out of state" -- I live in Western Canada (near Montana, sorta) and the dealer was in Toronto. Thousands of miles away.

I didn't want to go through the agony (and ecstasy) of people patiently configuring their spec and then waiting (seemingly randomly and subject to the whims of logistics) ...

So I went online and searched EVERY dealer in Canada to see what they had in stock and what was in the pipeline (as mentioned earlier). The one in Toronto was 95% exactly what my own build would have been. The compromise was WORTH it -- I took delivery in 2 weeks and shipping was reasonable.

There was no screwing around, no jacking up the price. The service was excellent all around -- even from Toronto. We just did a lot of FaceTime and Zoom, etc.

Also, my local dealer has no issue whatsoever servicing my "out of state" Taycan. They've never made an issue out of it.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
IMHO if you're not having much luck with neighboring west coast states, you'll need to cast your net WAY wider, especially to mountain and Midwest states with more severe weather extremes and possibly lower overall Porsche sales and demand, shipping is not really a big deal for these out of state dealerships especially if you cover shipping costs which far outweighs the costs you'd have to pay in the form of ADM at the dealerships you've already tried.
This is good advice. I had called around to 3 dealers in California last summer and the situation was either MSRP/waitlist, or allocations with 5-7k markup. Ended up buying from Alabama at 3% off MSRP with an allocation that was locking only 30 days from when I put a deposit down. 4 months later, car shows up at my door. I heard the oil states are good for deals on EVs...makes sense.

Enclosed trailer shipping to my door was $1750. Just make sure they don't tie down the car by the control arms, as I had my rear brake ducts smooshed. Transporter paid for the repair. Owners manual states to tie down the car by the wheels.

OP
OP

horserider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW S1000RR
Country flag
About the Seattle dealers: the one in Bellevue is so bad and unethical that I’d drive a Lada Nova before I’d ever do business there again.
The one in Bellevue has the long waitlist but at least they promised MSRP. They also had allocations for the Base model available.
My experience with them was pretty smooth so far, may be I got lucky with the sales person.
Lada was my first car, so may be I am just well prepared already :-D

VOLT4GE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The one in Bellevue has the long waitlist but at least they promised MSRP. They also had allocations for the Base model available.
My experience with them was pretty smooth so far, may be I got lucky with the sales person.
Lada was my first car, so may be I am just well prepared already :-D
My condolences on the Lada!