Can I trust the brakes?

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have done 1100 KMS on my car.
Your car is still not broken in and the brake pads have not been bedded in properly. With taycans regen braking, the brake pads have seen very little action in the last 1000kms.

Porsche recommended break-in period is 2000km so you have some more driving to do! I also noticed quite soft braking when friction brake is being applied but it has gotten better with time.
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Maybe I will try to more accurately describe the feeling...
I have the Regen set to "on" not auto.
I am driving on a twisty road in a spirited way. When entering the corner I apply the brakes but felt that I had to put much more effort into it to get a good bite of the disc.
I hope this description helps.
As @OTPSkipper also mentioned, you actually do not need a good bite of the disc at all for most of your braking as mechanical braking only kicks in at pretty high deceleration needs. When you apply the brakes during spirited driving, do you lack the sensation/sound/shudder of the disc brakes being applied or do you lack actual deceleration?

OP
OP
Dr.Ericthedrill

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
Your car is still not broken in and the brake pads have not been bedded in properly. With taycans regen braking, the brake pads have seen very little action in the last 1000kms.

Porsche recommended break-in period is 2000km so you have some more driving to do! I also noticed quite soft braking when friction brake is being applied but it has gotten better with time.
I think you described my feeling accurately.
The brake felt "soft". It felt like I had to push it in further to get the sort of "bite" I am used to in ICE cars.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
IMHO you can trust them more after getting the service campaign done. Ask me how I know.

OP
OP
Dr.Ericthedrill

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
As @OTPSkipper also mentioned, you actually do not need a good bite of the disc at all for most of your braking as mechanical braking only kicks in at pretty high deceleration needs. When you apply the brakes during spirited driving, do you lack the sensation/sound/shudder of the disc brakes being applied or do you lack actual deceleration?
It just felt kind of mushy.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche base iron rotor braking systems all feel a little weak on initial bite but they get the job done. The iron rotors in my 981 Spyder lacked initial bite and required a firm pedal, but they worked fine.

maudasilva

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Make sure that when you brake, regenerative braking is kicking in. I have had the issue that every once in a while reg-braking doesn't kick in and the braking power is diminished.
Check the attached videos. Mechanical braking feel awful.

Attachments

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
I have 1500 miles on my 22 taycan, and I'm getting the brake booster with new master cylinder replaced tomorrow. I'll report back and let you know if it fixed the same issue we share. But my brake pedal also makes a weird sound when coming to a stop. My techs said that it's not normal.
Sponsored