Car cover from Porsche

My4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
I found this online source for Taycan car covers. Five models ranging in price from $90-150. Solid cover, no openings for charge port.

https://www.carcover.com/porsche/taycan/2020.html

My first order from them, I'll repost if any problems.

An update, their car cover is very basic and is not a good fit for my Taycan. I got the five-layer version expecting the layer that touches the paint to be a soft material and it is not a fabric like velour or cloth. It's a real hassle to return as you have to pay return shipping to Canada.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
@louv ,

Have you ever used Carnewal in Belgium for car covers? Gert is a great guy and he works wwith the factory in Italy that makes these covers. I'll ask him if they have started to get Taycan covers, and if so, whether those covers have the charge ports designed into them.

Toby
Resurrecting an old post, but I got in touch with Gert at Carnewal and he can get covers for a Taycan. I didn't ask about the charge ports as that doesn't apply where I need to park.

He has been super helpful and responsive, and the covers look great on the website at least. I'll report back in a few weeks when I have both the car and the cover :)

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
My cover from Carnewal is great. It fits exactly, seems to do the job very well. I'd recommend it.

I'll post some photos next time I'm in the mountains and using it.

Zillion27

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7
Country flag

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Anyone else in Maine with a Taycan and needs an Outdoor Cover from Porsche?

I still have mine, but no car, so I can get you a great price if you come pick it up.

Marirstaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD Taycan
Country flag
So did anyone actually buy from carautocovers.com? Any feedback or any other suggestion ?

inge sigita

First Name
Igne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw
Country flag
I never liked how these covers look - first-world problems indeed, haha. But not having a garage gave me no other alternative, unfortunately, so I have to stare at that ugly cover through my window every day! :)) It was also disappointing that our cover didn't have any opening for the charge port, so I had to improvise and craft one myself, which turned out pretty nice, I would say! My next step is looking for rvcovers, which isn't fun either. But I love our RV way too much to let it rust and suffer from rain, dust, and bird "surprises". I hope the RV covers are more practical, not just a plain sheet that costs much more than it should.

Last edited:

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
I got the indoor Porsche cover and am actually thrilled with it. It's super quick and easy to put on or take off. Unlike other covers I've had, the Porsche cover is very easy to tell which end is the front and to find the side-mirror flaps. In terms of charging while covered, I've found it to be quick and easy to lift a corner of the cover and open the charging flap for indoor charging purposes.

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Porsche is clearly new to the Electric car market. There are no flaps or holes in the cover for either side’s charging ports. Come on guys... for that much money, I expect FLAPS!!! :cool:
Admittedly this thread goes back a couple of years now but I’ve got the outdoor cover and been very pleased with it.

However the OP is complaining about the cover not having charge point flaps. In the description of the covers it clearly states:

Please note: The car cover should not be used during the charging process

it seems that a lot of claimed ‘first world problems’ are the result of first world inhabitants blaming others for their Inability to RTFH (read the f***ing handbook)

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Admittedly this thread goes back a couple of years now but I’ve got the outdoor cover and been very pleased with it.

However the OP is complaining about the cover not having charge point flaps. In the description of the covers it clearly states:

Please note: The car cover should not be used during the charging process

it seems that a lot of claimed ‘first world problems’ are the result of first world inhabitants blaming others for their Inability to RTFH (read the f***ing handbook)
Sure. But WHY shouldn’t it be used during the charging process? Because there’s no hole? Or some other reason (like retaining heat or restricting airflow or ?)

So then… design a cover so it CAN be used “during the charging process”. Unless the charging process is a rare occurrence. Oh. Wait. It’s an electric car. Which probably is going to be plugged in (for charging) every night.
Unless it’s a garage queen that never gets used.

Design for actual usage cases.
Don’t design a hammer and then tell me it shouldn’t be used on nails. Oh, and I’m assuming you FirstWorldPeople always, ALWAYS, wear protective goggles when swinging a hammer. Like the instructions said you should.

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Sure. But WHY shouldn’t it be used during the charging process? Because there’s no hole? Or some other reason (like retaining heat or restricting airflow or ?).
When the car’s charging, the high voltage batteries need to be prevented from overheating. To do this fans come into operation which draw air in through the vents at the front of the car (and possibly elsewhere) which, if they’re covered up, could restrict airflow and cause the batteries to overheat.

In the recent hot weather we’ve been having in the UK (35 degrees C+) I’ve noticed the cooling fans have kicked in frequently when I’ve been charging the car outside using excess solar which in my system is only around 3.5 kW max

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I got the indoor Porsche cover and am actually thrilled with it. It's super quick and easy to put on or take off. Unlike other covers I've had, the Porsche cover is very easy to tell which end is the front and to find the side-mirror flaps. In terms of charging while covered, I've found it to be quick and easy to lift a corner of the cover and open the charging flap for indoor charging purposes.
I was thinking about ordering the Taycan CT indoor cover. Is the inside of the Cover the same fabric as the outside and what is the actual Fabric.? Any issues with it? Did you order it from Porsche? Tks

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
I was thinking about ordering the Taycan CT indoor cover. Is the inside of the Cover the same fabric as the outside and what is the actual Fabric.? Any issues with it? Did you order it from Porsche? Tks
I remain extremely happy w/ the indoor Porsche Taycan cover. The inner material is not the same but I don't know fabrics and thus can't tell you the composition. No issues. Ordered from Porsche. I thought the price was very fair, given the quality. (I have a MR2 and purchased a stretchy cover for that which was more like heavy nylon. I like it too; it was less expensive. Also not as sturdy. For the Taycan I'm happy with Porsche's creation.)
Sponsored