PAB

First Name
PAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Taycan Turbo S, Macan Turbo,
Country flag
I have a new Taycan Turbo S in South Africa. White metallic. Lots of pebbles on roads or coming off lorries. Which Xpel product will best protect against chips, and look GREAT? Thank you.
Sponsored

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I have a new Taycan Turbo S in South Africa. White metallic. Lots of pebbles on roads or coming off lorries. Which Xpel product will best protect against chips, and look GREAT? Thank you.
I have full-front coverage in XPel Ultimate Plus (the 8 mil version, I believe) and also have the entire car coated with gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and Exo 4.0 The XPEL is truly invisible and unless you know to look you can't tell it's there. It does not impact the color or brilliance of the paint.

Edit: 'Full Front' also included the front bumper, side view mirrors, door handles and cups, headlights, the sill over the trunk opening and a couple of other high-risk areas.

Last edited:

ColoradoTaycan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2015 GT3
Country flag
In addition to coverage for the full front I would also recommend rocker panel and B pillar coverage. Rocker panels for the obvious reasons and B pillar since it's a shiny black and the PPF will keep it from swirling.

Snappy77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm in Phoenix, AZ, in other words the Sonoran Desert. I have the 10 mil version of the XPel product since rocks seem to be permanently suspended in the air here. I also did their heat reduction product on the windows, including clear on the windshield.

The PPF is 10 year guarantee and the windows are lifetime. Can't see any edges - installer did a fantastic job.

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
In addition to coverage for the full front I would also recommend rocker panel and B pillar coverage. Rocker panels for the obvious reasons and B pillar since it's a shiny black and the PPF will keep it from swirling.
How does the PPF look on the B-Pillar, can you tell it's there?