atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
My experience with them is if they don’t have it they have to order it just like any other parts dept.

NTL, my understanding is that Race-Tex is very similar to Alcantara. If that’s the case, do we expect it to stand up to abrasion any better? In fact, maybe we’ll end up sticking to it more.?

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I optioned the leather B-pillars. I'll probably have my detailer do interior leather ceramic coating on it, but pretty curious if they'll hold up better or worse vs the plastic ones...
~1500 miles in and a few small scratches on the plastic lower sections. Even if you're careful, like me, it's inevitable to happen especially with others getting in/out of the car. Leather looks incredible just be careful because it can tear.

Track tape seems like a logical and cost-effective solution - waiting to hear from someone here about their experience with it. Can always replace after a few years.

OP
OP
Kakatus10

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
~1500 miles in and a few small scratches on the plastic lower sections. Even if you're careful, like me, it's inevitable to happen especially with others getting in/out of the car. Leather looks incredible just be careful because it can tear.

Track tape seems like a logical and cost-effective solution - waiting to hear from someone here about their experience with it. Can always replace after a few years.
I think you can use interior PPF, like Xpel and wrap it, I believe I am going to try this out after polishing it.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Here's how the Race-Tex B-Pillar option looks (requires Race-Tex headlining, but none of the other Race-Tex items in shot)

Porsche Taycan B-Pillar Protection 20220308_111644
Sponsored