Car not starting

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
I have had an issue with the 4s ever since the latest software update on the recent safety recall. Over the last few weeks, I have had two occasions where I have tried to start the car but it gives an error message of 'Electrical system fault - Park vehicle safely'. Everything else seems to power up on the dash, but the car itself will not allow me to put it into drive.

If I lock the car and come back to it after a while, then it will start up. However it is a worry as it has happened twice in the last few weeks and I don't know if I will always be this lucky and whether the car will actually start up if I come back to it later in the future. I left the car with my local Porsche dealership for a few days but they were not able to diagnose anything.

Has anyone else had this issue and can I ask what the fix was?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That’s annoying. Back to the dealer I’m afraid - looks like the upgrades had an issue during installation. It could well be a false positive but depending on the boot / load sequence of the software it may be that this ‘error’ is triggered without warning.

It could be symptomatic of a pending issue (hopefully not) so best to get it checked over.

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
It seems like the car is going to spend more time at the dealer than with me I'm afraid! It's booked to go back in.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
Yep.. been waiting 8 weeks for a new battery.. it’s an issue if the warning is red

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Ah yes my warning is red too! What other problems was the faulty battery giving you?

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
Apart from the usual software issues nothing… eventually I couldn’t get the car into drive and it was towed

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Apart from the usual software issues nothing… eventually I couldn’t get the car into drive and it was towed
Oh that sounds annoying! Have you been given a loan car over the last few months to get you by?

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
Oh that sounds annoying! Have you been given a loan car over the last few months to get you by?
Yes. They gave me a basic Audi Q3 but swapped it two weeks ago for a Q7S as I wasn’t happy. I’ve been told they now have my battery but are waiting to hire a fork lift truck to fit it ….. ?‍♂?‍♂

Jsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got this yesterday after it sitting at the airport for 4 days. I was able to lock, walk away and come back a few minutes later and it resolved itself (though it took 3 times locking & leaving). At the service center this morning and they think it’s an issue where the 12v got too low and it was trying to “pull power from the larger battery” to recharge. I have a service campaign update scheduled for Friday and they are going to go over it very well then. Will update you with details.

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
I got this yesterday after it sitting at the airport for 4 days. I was able to lock, walk away and come back a few minutes later and it resolved itself (though it took 3 times locking & leaving). At the service center this morning and they think it’s an issue where the 12v got too low and it was trying to “pull power from the larger battery” to recharge. I have a service campaign update scheduled for Friday and they are going to go over it very well then. Will update you with details.
Thank you, let's see what they come back with. I could understand if you had left it parked up for 2 weeks but for it to do this after just 4 days seems weird. Hopefully Porsche can figure out why my car is doing this too, sometimes it does it after it has only been parked up for a few hours.
Sponsored