BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
In my experience with London streets, with a panamera and a range rover is there are a few places you can't take your car - usually where they've restricted the width to stop vans using the road. kerbing the wheels is the main risk, especially with low profile tyres. However they are few and far between.

Personally i think the bigger risk for your car is if you park (parallel parking) too far from the kerb, as these cars are wide, you become the most likely car in the street to get a clip from someone's wing mirror as they drive past - especially in a narrow street. Obviously you need to judge this vs risk of kerbing your wheels of you get too close.

Likewise, these things are too wide for a lot of car park spaces. Your friend is the parking bays furthest away from the shop of you want to be able to get out of your car/not get the door clanked by someone else getting in and our of theirs.
Sponsored

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne hybrid V6 (Taycan on order)
Country flag
In my experience with London streets, with a panamera and a range rover is there are a few places you can't take your car - usually where they've restricted the width to stop vans using the road. kerbing the wheels is the main risk, especially with low profile tyres. However they are few and far between.

Personally i think the bigger risk for your car is if you park (parallel parking) too far from the kerb, as these cars are wide, you become the most likely car in the street to get a clip from someone's wing mirror as they drive past - especially in a narrow street. Obviously you need to judge this vs risk of kerbing your wheels of you get too close.

Likewise, these things are too wide for a lot of car park spaces. Your friend is the parking bays furthest away from the shop of you want to be able to get out of your car/not get the door clanked by someone else getting in and our of theirs.
? Yes parking at the furthest point from the shops in car parks has caused more than the odd tiff with my Mrs?
She also complains about how high the seats in the Cayenne are compared to my old Macan GTS, we’ll she’ll soon have to get used to getting into the lowest saloon I’ve owned!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
? Yes parking at the furthest point from the shops in car parks has caused more than the odd tiff with my Mrs?
She also complains about how high the seats in the Cayenne are compared to my old Macan GTS, we’ll she’ll soon have to get used to getting into the lowest saloon I’ve owned!
I have always parked in isolated spaces further away from the entrance of wherever (used to make me laugh at the gym when everyone vied to park as close to the entrance as possible - then they'd go inside and jump on the treadmill for half an hour ?).

Anyway, always surprised me how often I would park on an isolated space and then come out and find sheep in other cars parked next to me despite loads of empty spaces ......?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have always parked in isolated spaces further away from the entrance of wherever (used to make me laugh at the gym when everyone vied to park as close to the entrance as possible - then they'd go inside and jump on the treadmill for half an hour ?).

Anyway, always surprised me how often I would park on an isolated space and then come out and find sheep in other cars parked next to me despite loads of empty spaces ......?
I suffer this syndrome too!
Sponsored