simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
The Taycan has no use for a starter battery. It has no starter.
That’s just the product description/ classification.

These are the batteries used by Porsche in the Taycan for the 12V auxiliary electrics.
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Is there a recommendation for a 12v trickle charge in UK? Will any lithium ion charger do? Ta.

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is there a recommendation for a 12v trickle charge in UK? Will any lithium ion charger do? Ta.
When I do eventually get the car Bob, I’m *not* planning on hooking up a trickle charger.

On my bikes (that have lithium batteries) I use a CTEK Lithium XS charger. Bought from Tayna online.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
When I do eventually get the car Bob, I’m *not* planning on hooking up a trickle charger.

On my bikes (that have lithium batteries) I use a CTEK Lithium XS charger. Bought from Tayna online.
Yes, not planning on trickle charging either, unless some unexpected need to go away for a long time (they’ll never take me alive). More a question of having something at the back of the cupboard that can rescue me, if the 12v decides to drain itself - talking too much to the cloud or something.

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks exactly the same to me. Just a different photo angle and accounting for the fact that the picture on the website/PDF is not a full production battery - so you’d expect minor differences with a production battery photo. All the other case characteristics are the same, BMS shell and the moulded connectors

Read the spec sheet, capacity dims etc. all match up. As said there could well be some customisations for Porsche, possibly in the BMS software.

A123 have separately confirmed with @backslashed the reason for the supply disruption with these and it’s due to (their) supplier issue getting PCBs for the BMS inside the battery.

Anyway this is all a bit pointless. No batteries to be had.

Last edited: