DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
About 4 months ago I got a low battery warning in my Fob and replaced the batteries in both the fob I use and the "spare." Both fobs were able to lock and unlock the doors. Then I had to "resync" the fob I use by placing it in the tray in order to clear the low battery warning.

Today, I took the "spare" fob out of the drawer to give my wife a Taycan lesson and the car was completely unresponsive to the fob. No locking and unlocking....nothing. It can't be a dead battery because I just replaced it....

Please advise.

Buck
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
About 4 months ago I got a low battery warning in my Fob and replaced the batteries in both the fob I use and the "spare." Both fobs were able to lock and unlock the doors. Then I had to "resync" the fob I use by placing it in the tray in order to clear the low battery warning.

Today, I took the "spare" fob out of the drawer to give my wife a Taycan lesson and the car was completely unresponsive to the fob. No locking and unlocking....nothing. It can't be a dead battery because I just replaced it....

Please advise.

Buck
Did the key flash?

May need re-pairing by the dealer.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag

Please advise.

Buck
I found that if you leave the fobs near the car, the batteries wear out quickly...the dealer and I discussed this and we think that the car and fob continue to "talk" and that wears the battery down. I know that sounds stupid but I no longer keep the FOB near the car and haven't had a problem since!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I found that if you leave the fobs near the car, the batteries wear out quickly...the dealer and I discussed this and we think that the car and fob continue to "talk" and that wears the battery down. I know that sounds stupid but I no longer keep the FOB near the car and haven't had a problem since!
Your dealer has stated the obvious!

If the key is kept within 1 - 2.meters of the car and the key flashes then it will be communicating with car constantly. Either keep further away and / or in a Faraday pouch.
Sponsored