OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
raising the profile of the car? for foamers who drool over celebrities and influencers and could never be able to afford the car?

I don't need any sort of affirmation for what I own
Nothing to do with affirmation. Do you think Porsche wants Spider-Man complaining that the PCM is garbage or he couldn’t charge at EA? Obviously this Is for marketing purposes which I would expect will be beneficial to all owners.
Sponsored

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
How much do you think Porsche paid Netflix to get the mini Taycan commercial in Red Notice?

Apparently The Rock struggled to fit inside
Porsche Taycan Celebs with the Taycan 1643213588342

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
Reactions: B61

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I totally agree that I don't need validation on the car I drive based on who drives it or what movies it is in...I've never used Facebook, Instagram, etc. either.

With that said, I did find it interesting that Formula 1 Champion Louis Hamilton has a Turbo S.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...drives-140k-Porsche-Taycan-Beverly-Hills.html
Some people need to make a big deal about much they don’t care about celebrities and like to look down on those that find it noteworthy. There’s nothing wrong with taking interest in it. If that’s all I cared about I’d drive a G Wagon, but thankfully I care about cars too much to do that.

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some people need to make a big deal about much they don’t care about celebrities and like to look down on those that find it noteworthy. There’s nothing wrong with taking interest in it. If that’s all I cared about I’d drive a G Wagon, but thankfully I care about cars too much to do that.
Excellent comment, and fully agree with the assessment of the stereotypical G wagon owner. I actually happen to have a G wagon, however I did not buy it for THAT reason. It is built like a true military vehicle (since it is one), is extremely capable, and I off road it often and hard like it was meant to be driven.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Excellent comment, and fully agree with the assessment of the stereotypical G wagon owner. I actually happen to have a G wagon, however I did not buy it for THAT reason. It is built like a true military vehicle (since it is one), is extremely capable, and I off road it often and hard like it was meant to be driven.
I'm picking on G wagon owners in good fun... but I can't think of another vehicle where the off-road capabilities and the likelihood of off-road use is more disconnected (though the new Defender may give it a run for its money... lots of new Defenders with snorkels, roof ladders and side gear carriers clogging up my local Starbucks parking lot).

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I'm picking on G wagon owners in good fun... but I can't think of another vehicle where the off-road capabilities and the likelihood of off-road use is more disconnected (though the new Defender may give it a run for its money... lots of new Defenders with snorkels, roof ladders and side gear carriers clogging up my local Starbucks parking lot).
Large city SUVs are often called Chelsea Tractors over here. Anyway, Range Rovers are the best of the bunch off-road and the best Chelsea Tractor too. G-wagons a bit too bling and the wheels are too big to make it much further than wet grass!

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Totally off topic, but no way I'd treat a new G Wagon or Defender how I treat my '95 Defender

Porsche Taycan Celebs with the Taycan IMG_3434.JPG

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
I just ordered a G63. How has your experience been with yours?

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Large city SUVs are often called Chelsea Tractors over here. Anyway, Range Rovers are the best of the bunch off-road and the best Chelsea Tractor too. G-wagons a bit too bling and the wheels are too big to make it much further than wet grass!
Well since we've gotten off topic, let's just keep this going!

Chelsea Tractors! Hadn't heard that before :) I have nothing but respect for old school Land Rover Defenders, but I feel that other, newer LR models, while some look great, don't quite have the same recipe of ruggedness and capability (low hanging plastic cladding, off road geometry reliant on air suspension, and independent suspension F/R to name a few.) I don't know that I would put a Range Rover in the same class as the G wagon off road, yes, despite all of the pretentious mall crawler G's out there! For example, how many LR's, Jeeps, or other off roaders have:

- Locking Front, Center, and Rear differentials
- Heavy duty solid axles front (through 2018), and rear (all) with 8.5" ring gears, and high strength axle shafts
- High approach, breakover, and departure angles (37, 25, and 30 degrees stock) without the need for air suspension of questionable reliability.
- Fully boxed ladder frame of up to 4mm thick steel (thicker than even landcruisers), with fully welded transverse cross tubes for rigidity
- Massive 8 bolt flange, thick tube, driveshafts
- Transfer Case and central drivetrain fully tucked up between the framerails (nothing hanging below)
- Solid, forged steel control arms F/R
- Oversized suspension bushings throughout
- Available portal axles on models for superior ground clearance (17"+)
- Hand Built since 1979
- Serve in 45+ national militaries who value all of the above

And the list can go on and on.

Truth is, the majority of folks driving G's on the road most likely don't know or care about many of these facts, hence the common mistaking of them as incapable, vehicles, when they're really more akin to a pro wrestler in a tuxedo. Lurking beneath is an exceptionally durable, capable, and well crafted vehicle...among the same reasons why I also purchased a Taycan over other options which don't meet those definitions IMO.

Totally off topic, but no way I'd treat a new G Wagon or Defender how I treat my '95 Defender

IMG_3434.JPG
Great Pic and glad to see you using your Defender the way it should be driven! It's a shame that style of Defender is so prohibitively expensive and unavailable here in the states. I have yet to see a Land Rover off road here in the AZ desert, but I'll keep my eye out for them. I do however know plenty of other G wagon owners who don't hesitate to hammer on them with me.
Porsche Taycan Celebs with the Taycan IMG for G Post 2
Porsche Taycan Celebs with the Taycan IMG for G Post All
Porsche Taycan Celebs with the Taycan IMG for G Post

Porsche Taycan Celebs with the Taycan IMG-3407.JPG

I just ordered a G63. How has your experience been with yours?
Congrats! The new W464 G's are outstanding machines and sooo much more plush inside too. Unbelievable how much dealers are getting over MSRP for them...makes Taycan pricing look like an outright bargain. Anyhow, I have a 2013 and it has been such a fun truck to own and drive. Drop me a PM sometime when you get yours, and I can let you know about some G gatherings if your interested.

Last edited:

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Off topic/Fun Threads about the Taycan are always welcomed, or else this forum would be 99% complaints. But some people seemed to be so miserable that they even had to complain here.

No time for fun in here guys! You better delete this thread and start a new one complaining about how the steering wheel is 0.3mm too thick. That’ll get ya some likes?

#complainingaboutcomplainers

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
No one mentioned the cayenne anyway!
Sponsored