Professor

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan . 2017 Rolls Royce Dawn
Country flag
By mistake, I didn't order colored center caps on my build. After the fact, I discovered that they are actually less expensive from Suncoast ($169) than they are as an option from the factory ($190) so no real harm done.

I'm curious, though, as to how the caps are removed. Older style caps had small holes in them through which you could hook a tool or small allen wrench and then pull off the cap. My GT3 center lock caps had a notch which allowed them to be pried off with a supplied tool or a small screwdriver.

The photos of the Taycan caps on the Suncoast web site don't appear to show holes or notches. So how do they come off? Does the wheel have to be removed or is there some other trick? It might be obvious to me if I had wheels to examine but my car isn't here yet.
My base 2021 Taycan did not have holes in center cap. I purchased from Amazon Kaisiking Heavy Duty Suction Cups. They came off easily. Since the caps are not flat, simply wet the cup and press firmly.
Sponsored

tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
My base 2021 Taycan did not have holes in center cap. I purchased from Amazon Kaisiking Heavy Duty Suction Cups. They came off easily. Since the caps are not flat, simply wet the cup and press firmly.
It’s much easier than that. I used a tiny flathead screwdriver like the ones you use to tighten sunglasses to get under the edge of the caps to pull one side out enough to then use my figures to pull the caps off the rest of the way. A small knife edge may work the same.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I didn't order the caps because everything here was tax 115%( now 132%:no:)...

I am just wondering for those that have seen it in person, does it make the car look much better?

I have the turbo aero wheels on a Volcano Grey.

I thought the mono ones are not as bad as I originally anticipated...

Is it worth the effort to get them replace?
I just ordered a set on Taobao for 580 RMB. My car is in the shop to get the wheels painted in black.

Porsche Taycan Center Cap removal 20210615_151242

I'll post pics afterwards with the new caps, then you can judge...
Sponsored