Central Computer Failures in Taycans

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
does anyone know for sure which kind (and size) of hard disk is installed in the PCM? sometimes I hear noises that sound like an old spinning notebook magnetic HDD. But that could also be the AC stuff...
what do you think? may be it's what they mean?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10207255-0001.pdf
"the noise is typically faint and may be described as a scratching or rattling noise, or a noise that sounds like a servo motor adjusting."
Sponsored

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Last edited:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
For convenience, here is the mp4 sound file (renders as a blank video) that Porsche embedded in the PDF bulletin.

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
Just adding my name to the list of people that had to have the Communications Module replaced (2020 Taycan Turbo - 20k kms) in the last couple of weeks. It was on the shelf at our dealer so it must be common enough. Interesting that there’s a long term software fix in the works for the problem.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For convenience, here is the mp4 sound file (renders as a blank video) that Porsche embedded in the PDF bulletin.

Thanks, but I hear it every day all day :(

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just adding my name to the list of people that had to have the Communications Module replaced (2020 Taycan Turbo - 20k kms) in the last couple of weeks. It was on the shelf at our dealer so it must be common enough. Interesting that there’s a long term software fix in the works for the problem.
After spending three weeks at the dealer in February getting the driver's display, instrument cluster replaced, car went in a week later, with new errors, now getting "central" computer replaced. Hoping they give me the updated hardware, but not holding my breath.