Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
Hi all, posted this before in a PCM thread - but o9n rfeflection is maybe not a PCM issue?
Taycan Turbo going to OPC leeds tomorrow to try and resulve , any help appreciated , has anyone else seen this

sorry for long post

PCM screens switch off and reboot on their own, noone touching them, sometimes but only after +1 hour of so of driving -

The details i have at the moment

Two weeks ago, drove from yorkshire to Cambridge, Enfield and back to Yorkshire, Taycan was great, quiet, smooth, addictive accelaration, as always

BUT the PCM reset as below

about 1 hour into the journey, driving Just before cambridge, phone connected but using PCM for nav to the Cambridge ionity charger, radio on. Radio muted, ( i did not realise this at the time, but later repeats showed a conistent pattern) not poss to restore volume, and the 40 second later PCM screens blanked out, after 30 seconds or so reset , but lost nav destination, had to reenter, continued fine,... for 76 minutes, then exactly the ssme repeated, 5 mins later the same again.

Then OK for 10 minutes, repeat again but screens did not restart on their own, had to double tap top right with two fingers, restarted. 5 minutes later repeated, but would not restart at all, stayed off - (tricky when using to navigate to a charger - phone and waze saved the day)

Ionity charger great 35% to 99% on 40 mins or so, when restarted car all working as normal, continued to Cambridge , meeting, then to Enfield, North London, (about 1 hour ) repeated again exactly as the first time, as i arrived at Enfield, restarted on its own

travelling home from Enfield to yorkshire later that night

all good, charged at Ionity Peterborough ( another good experience)

on Journey Peterborough to yorkshire, I did not have the phone connected - just trying to see if it made any difference, but again after just over an hour a repeat of the mornings PCM failures twice , but resrarted each time on its own

used car for travel to work and back next 5 days , 15 mins - 30 mins journeys , no problems,

Yesterday drove from Holmforth to Knutsford 1hours 5 mins in the morning , no issues, on return i stopped before crossing the moors as i was tlking on the phione and vodafone signal is always lost ( in all cars) on this route, so in layby in park for 30 mins or so, continued journey and agan radio Mute , 40 secs later PCM restart after about 1.10 of journey time (inc the stationary time in layby on phone)

its booked in at JCT Leeds Porsche next week to investigate, anyone else seen this , and have any pointers to offer, im just a little worried that JCT wont have time for a 1.2 hour test drive. but maybe just leaving car on keys in would allow to replicate - does taycan go to sleep if left on ??

any help appreciated

on reflection I think my Taycan has always done this since new, but limited number of +1.2 hour joureneys covered , but thinking back there have been "occasional" reboots that i now think relate to +1.2 hour journeys

Many Thanks

Peter

Taycan Turbo, may 2020 build, all updates installed as at 6 weeks - no other problems at all ( tempting fate there - fingers crossed )
Sponsored