Centralized Place to Find Allocation

malogos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Subaru Forester
Country flag
I'm on a long waitlist at my local dealer for a 4CT (and I'm paying markup). I don't have a problem flying out to any dealer in the US to get a car, so what is the best way to get an allocation or a spot at the front of someone's list?
Sponsored

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I wish there was a centralized list somewhere, ideally managed by Porsche themselves. Unfortunately, most dealers are not connected. I've had some pretty poor luck searching for a 911 GTS/GT3 allocations and having a central list would help. Most I've gotten is getting onto dealers waitlists and none ever call back. I was even taken off of lists due to not being local and if I wasn't pro-active would not have gotten my deposit back. It's a shitshow honestly. It's no wonder the movement to direct sales is picking up.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You're pretty much out of luck if you aren't in a dealership's local area. Unfortunately this gives dealerships even less incentive to be good at what they do, so expect worse & worse service.

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm on a long waitlist at my local dealer for a 4CT (and I'm paying markup). I don't have a problem flying out to any dealer in the US to get a car, so what is the best way to get an allocation or a spot at the front of someone's list?
Make sure you contact the best in @ssim . He will take care of you and check out the allocation thread he’s in a lot of times helping people out.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Most dealerships won’t give an allocation if car is not registered in same state - they depend on service $ ….I’ve come across this 2x now

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Most dealerships won’t give an allocation if car is not registered in same state - they depend on service $ ….I’ve come across this 2x now
It's not service money, actually. Porsche is punishing dealerships for selling new cars out of state, the dealership runs the risk of getting less allocations.

When dealerships were getting more allocations than they could sell, they didn't care. But now that the opposite is true they won't risk it.

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
How long is long? I found an allocation in CA, they wanted $15k markup. I've reached out to a couple of dealership in my around via email, they all asked if i was local. If i wasn't local to them it will have a ADM of $10k-$15k, since i'm local its MSRP+tax.

taycanpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
You're pretty much out of luck if you aren't in a dealership's local area. Unfortunately this gives dealerships even less incentive to be good at what they do, so expect worse & worse service.
Why are you out of luck if you’re not in a dealerships local area? Are they only selling to nearby zipcodes or something?

SCD

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911S Cabriolet, Cayenne
Country flag
Why are you out of luck if you’re not in a dealerships local area? Are they only selling to nearby zipcodes or something?
That’s exactly what happened to me with Porsche Marin. I wanted to buy a car they had in stock at asking price and when they found out the SoCal zip code I would be registering the car in, they refused to sell me the car. This is within the same state, just a zip code that wasn‘t local enough for them. The Porsche dealership model is outdated and inefficient, I wish they would just sell cars directly.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Yep, in my search for a Taycan allocation I've come across a few dealerships doing exactly that, selling only to neighboring zip codes.
Sponsored