PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Please don't have your dealer handle PPF or ceramic, they will choose the cheapest place and pocket the difference (or throw the business over to Sal's Window Tint because the Porsche GMs buddy works there).

Research local businesses and take it yourself.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Please don't have your dealer handle PPF or ceramic, they will choose the cheapest place and pocket the difference (or throw the business over to Sal's Window Tint because the Porsche GMs buddy works there).

I was going to say the same. I can cook steak, but it always taste better at the steak house.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

It really depends on your dealer. There are some really good ones out there (mine), and they know what they're doing. Sounds like there are some very bad ones as well.

Always good to have multiple references of others who have done the same thing at the same dealer with their Porsche.

TeleSantana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Wouldn‘t the fact that they are using Gtechniq certified technicians sort out the wheat from the chaff? When I asked about the process that would be carried out (machine polish, overnight curing under heatlamps, etc.), it didn’t sound like a rush job. There’s the 5 year guarantee as well?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Wouldn‘t the fact that they are using Gtechniq certified technicians sort out the wheat from the chaff? When I asked about the process that would be carried out (machine polish, overnight curing under heatlamps, etc.), it didn’t sound like a rush job. There’s the 5 year guarantee as well?
My detailed needs the car for ~3 days. Ask them how long they need the car for.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It really depends on your dealer. There are some really good ones out there (mine), and they know what they're doing. Sounds like there are some very bad ones as well.

Always good to have multiple references of others who have done the same thing at the same dealer with their Porsche.
Very true! I would certainly consider the dealership or the vendor they use, I meant more that I would always independently verify whomever you use has a great reputation rather than just trust the dealer's word.

OP, I'm sure they can apply it but the devil is in the details with PPF & ceramic installs. A good company will stand behind the quality of their work, your dealership may or may not.. it depends what they consider acceptable.

TeleSantana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My detailed needs the car for ~3 days. Ask them how long they need the car for.
Porsche Solihull say they’ll need it overnight, so I guess your guy is doing something more thorough.

Also, they’ve confirmed that it will be their own employees, who are GTechniq certified, carrying out the process.

Interestingly, they also say that over 90% of their customers get them to do it.

I’ll probably let them apply the coating as I get accountability from them if it’s not right.

Thanks for your help.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Porsche Solihull say they’ll need it overnight, so I guess your guy is doing something more thorough.

Also, they’ve confirmed that it will be their own employees, who are GTechniq certified, carrying out the process.

Interestingly, they also say that over 90% of their customers get them to do it.

I’ll probably let them apply the coating as I get accountability from them if it’s not right.

Thanks for your help.
Got mine from Solihull too. Was told the same thing. Getting it detailed locally instead as I’m having a full PPS applied beforehand. Regardless I’m not sure I would let the dealer do it for all the reasons others have stated.

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
I just got a good price for a full wrap. 1 condition: I must leave my taycan 3 days as an advertisement. if I accept $ 1800 us and they will use the installation video. it is a 3m retailer with 10 year warranty. What do you think ?

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I just got a good price for a full wrap. 1 condition: I must leave my taycan 3 days as an advertisement. if I accept $ 1800 us and they will use the installation video. it is a 3m retailer with 10 year warranty. What do you think ?
Sounds like a good price to me. Costs at least $5000 in the UK for a full wrap by a reliable place.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
So just picked up meguairs ceramic detailer at Walmart and 5 dollar rebate, for ceramic coating this stuff is awesome,just spray it on, dang, my baby. Sparkles, heard Adams was good, but for 10 bucks, knock out of the park, no streaking, which I read some ceramic retailers do.

Porsche Taycan Ceramic coating noob questions IMG_9913.PNG

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Best way to clean the xpel once you get it?
I would avoid commercial car washes. Hand washing is better for the film. If you have the XPEL Ultimate, it is a self healing film. If you have some minor blemishes or etching from bird dropping you can heat up some water in the microwave and then immerse a paper towel in the hot water and then place it on the blemish (do not rub since paper is abrasive). After about 30 seconds to a minute the blemish should be gone.