smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Has anyone changed their order from a CT to a comparable ST? What were the delay implications?

I guess it's..... "go to the back of the queue"?

cheers
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
It will be back of the queue and based on anecdotal feedback on this forum, switching to a ST could see an 18-24 month delivery time.

If I were you I would stick with the CT. It looks incredible, especially in lighter colours that contrast nicely with the cladding, and it drives incredible.

Even though I have ordered a GTS ST, my longest (test) drive has been in a CT. Loved every minute of it.

The only time I will drive a Taycan longer than that before delivery is at my PEC in August.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Thanks T - I had assumed as much...

I am only flirting with the idea because my missus admitted yesterday she doesn't like the plastic cladding at all.

Personally I don't mind it - 50:50 with or without - doesn't bother me - present orders is for Acid Green.

The extra CT ride height will be better for her (she is disabled) - and I guess the CT ride is generally a little more comfort oriented too - again fine for her.

So it is just tentative thinking for me at the mo...

I am PECing it in August too. - Should be a hoot!

Cheers

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Order both if you have £5k spare? Cannot see the used market dropping out too badly if deliveries are now 18-24 months. Personally not a fan of the plastic but think the alloys are cool.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Thanks T - I had assumed as much...

I am only flirting with the idea because my missus admitted yesterday she doesn't like the plastic cladding at all.

Personally I don't mind it - 50:50 with or without - doesn't bother me - present orders is for Acid Green.

The extra CT ride height will be better for her (she is disabled) - and I guess the CT ride is generally a little more comfort oriented too - again fine for her.

So it is just tentative thinking for me at the mo...

I am PECing it in August too. - Should be a hoot!

Cheers
I've driven a CT and ST and at least in normal mode, you can't tell the difference in ride comfort. The ride height is more about ground clearance, not comfort, so that shouldn't be a factor in your decision other than whether you will offroad your car or not.

Keep in mind even for the most nimble, getting into a Taycan is not the easiest where it sits very low on the ground, and there is a large dashboard. Just something to keep in mind.

The PEC will no doubt be awesome and I too cannot wait! I will be going all out 😂

If you did want to switch and don't mind waiting, there is always ONTO or similar electric car subscription services (google them) that allows great flexibility for periods where you need a car but don't have one.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Thanks guys - We thoroughly tried the CT and the passenger seat height was perfect. She was very well supported and comfortable - even in 'brisk' testing.

Like the idea of ordering an ST - (lateral thinking) - prolly stick with CT and consider a rapid turnaround for a facelift ST in a couple of years.

Methinks a chat over a bottle of wine are called for ;)

much appreciated

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Has anyone changed their order from a CT to a comparable ST? What were the delay implications?

I guess it's..... "go to the back of the queue"?

cheers
The allocation you get is for a specific model / variant normally so if there is a spare ST and a selectable variant then you could be in luck. If not then it will depend on what allocations come available.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I also would be mindful that the height difference is only 20mm. Ingress / egress is tricky with either on a slope imho.

Personally I think the ST looks much better than the CT.

If I wanted an Audi Allroad I would have chosen that!

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Probably the best advice here is to get your deposit down for a ST as soon as possible and see what the dealer states with regards allocations.

Personally I also do not like the plastic cladding around the wheels on the CT which is why I have a 4S ST on order.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne coupe Hybrid BMW i3S
Country flag
I pick up my ST 4S next week and have a CT 4s on order that’s due in 12 months - living out in the countryside the extra clearance of the CT will suit me better and the wheel choices are better. I was tempted to change to STGTS for the next one though as I don’t think I’ll loose anything in the ST in 12 months which will make it more affordable. Also at silverstone in August driving the GTS

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I pick up my ST 4S next week and have a CT 4s on order that’s due in 12 months - living out in the countryside the extra clearance of the CT will suit me better and the wheel choices are better. I was tempted to change to STGTS for the next one though as I don’t think I’ll loose anything in the ST in 12 months which will make it more affordable. Also at silverstone in August driving the GTS
Great stuff - hope PEC goes well.
Sponsored