DougL

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4S 2019
Country flag
I am having serious buyer's remorse not knowing if I made a good decision. I have a few weeks to make a change. I have had three Panamera's,2013, 2017 and 2019. The current is a 4S. I love this car. I like the space available for packing in the trunk when we travel. I can get up to 550 miles on a highway. Most of my traveling is local but on weekends I go back and forth to the Jersey shore. I like to take my car instead of my wife's Audi Q8. We are able to load the trunk with everything we need.
I have talked to another Taycan owner and been reading this website. Several things concern me about the Taycan. I had the opportunity to drive one for about 5 hours one day from my dealer and I loved the drive. I love the look. The technology problems that I am seeing, the limited mileage, the limit charging stations and the reduced luggage space are all my concerns. The fact that we can't download updates similar to a Tesla is also concerning since my dealer is 70 minutes away. I was debating about getting another Panamera GTS instead, but after 3 others this could get to be boring. Any previous Panamera owners that have made the switch I would really appreciate your thoughts. Thank you, Doug
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I owned a 970 Panamera Turbo and loved it. I now own a '21 Taycan RWD and LOVE it.
Panny is a great car with exotic sound (cat-less Akrapovic exhaust) and my spec was 164K so a well-optioned example. (including PDCC) One thing I won't miss with the Panny is the expensive maintenance/repairs once out of warranty. Sure, the Taycan has expensive components but there is a 8-year 100K powertrain warranty. I'm not interested in the new Panamera stritcly due to exterior design elements plus I'm in love with the way Taycan looks inside and out.

I'm not concerned with range issues since the '21 Cayenne GTS can handle that duty for now. As the EA network expands that will greatly help with range concerned owners.

If you're patient the new Taycan launches in 2026 with a new platform and solid-state battery tech. Maybe lease a Taycan GTS then get into the latest version in 26. No doubt it will have improved software in addition to incredible range.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I owned a 970 Panamera Turbo and loved it. I now own a '21 Taycan RWD and LOVE it.
Panny is a great car with exotic sound (cat-less Akrapovic exhaust) and my spec was 164K so a well-optioned example. (including PDCC) One thing I won't miss with the Panny is the expensive maintenance/repairs once out of warranty. Sure, the Taycan has expensive components but there is a 8-year 100K powertrain warranty. I'm not interested in the new Panamera stritcly due to exterior design elements plus I'm in love with the way Taycan looks inside and out.

I'm not concerned with range issues since the '21 Cayenne GTS can handle that duty for now. As the EA network expands that will greatly help with range concerned owners.

If you're patient the new Taycan launches in 2026 with a new platform and solid-state battery tech. Maybe lease a Taycan GTS then get into the latest version in 26. No doubt it will have improved software in addition to incredible range.
Hi XLR - How certain is the new Taycan in 2026?

I was thinking perhaps mid-2027 (ie MY28) .......8 years from it's launch as MY20 in mid2019?

Just curious.

Cheers

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
... but there is a 8-year 100K powertrain warranty. ...
Is this an extended warranty? For standard warranty, I think there's only a 8 year battery warranty and only the 4 year applies to the rest of the powertrain. If it is an extended warranty, interested if it was purchased through PCNA.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi XLR - How certain is the new Taycan in 2026?

I was thinking perhaps mid-2027 (ie MY28) .......8 years from it's launch as MY20 in mid2019?

Just curious.

Cheers
Article in latest issue of Panorama magazine. Electric Cayenne in 2024 as well.

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
I am having serious buyer's remorse not knowing if I made a good decision. I have a few weeks to make a change. I have had three Panamera's,2013, 2017 and 2019. The current is a 4S. I love this car. I like the space available for packing in the trunk when we travel. I can get up to 550 miles on a highway. Most of my traveling is local but on weekends I go back and forth to the Jersey shore. I like to take my car instead of my wife's Audi Q8. We are able to load the trunk with everything we need.
I have talked to another Taycan owner and been reading this website. Several things concern me about the Taycan. I had the opportunity to drive one for about 5 hours one day from my dealer and I loved the drive. I love the look. The technology problems that I am seeing, the limited mileage, the limit charging stations and the reduced luggage space are all my concerns. The fact that we can't download updates similar to a Tesla is also concerning since my dealer is 70 minutes away. I was debating about getting another Panamera GTS instead, but after 3 others this could get to be boring. Any previous Panamera owners that have made the switch I would really appreciate your thoughts. Thank you, Doug
I have a 2017 Panamera 4S (daily driver) that I am exchanging for a Taycan due at the end of this month. It is very bittersweet, and I almost didn't make the switch. After I placed my order, I had buyer's remorse for a long while too, here's why.

-I have driven the Panamera from LA to Lake Tahoe/Bay Area several times. (This trip is several hours long). Like you, I am not sure it will be as easy to do that with the Taycan.
-The Panamera is amazingly comfortable and luxurious. The Taycan is great, but it can't compete with the Panamera in the interior.

Here's why I made (am making) the switch.
- Gas is crazy expensive. Every time I fill up (more than once a week) it is like $110+. On the principal of it alone, I hate paying that much.
- My Panamera has 60,000+ miles on it now. It's a great car but maintenance is not cheap, and will only get costlier now that it's out of warranty. Maintenance on an electric car like the Taycan *should be* much cheaper, electronic gremlins notwithstanding.
- (This is highly subjective) I think the Taycan looks better than the Panamera. Exterior styling is a really big deal to me.
- Drove a Taycan and am already addicted to the instant acceleration. Love the Panamera but the turbo lag can get annoying.
- The Panamera's current bodystyle has been out since late 2016. It will be cool for another couple years, but then it's due for replacement and I figure resale values will drop. Of course, I may be wrong.

At the end of the day, I also have a Macan at home so that takes a little bit of the edge off not having my Panamera.... but only a little bit. I think I can live with a little less space and luxury, and the electric infrastructure as it is now. I guess we will see. TBD.

TL;DR - The best of both worlds would be to keep both the Panamera and the Taycan. I almost did that, but at the end of the day I just can't justify having two high-end, depreciating Porsche sedans in the garage. Best of luck on your decision!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-The Panamera is amazingly comfortable and luxurious. The Taycan is great, but it can't compete with the Panamera in the interior.
Exception is the base Panamera interior.
Sponsored