First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi Folks,

Can't find this in the PDF manual or online....

How do I change the 'Home' address in Taycan's sat-nav? Trolled thru the PCM menus and the App and tried 'press and hold' on map screen, which doesn't offer the option either.

Any hints welcome - Ta!
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I thought it was tap and hold on the screen. Or maybe when you are at home you can press the 3 dots option and set location to home. Or look in the favourites menu where home and work show. Maybe you can change it from there.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I thought it was tap and hold on the screen. Or maybe when you are at home you can press the 3 dots option and set location to home. Or look in the favourites menu where home and work show. Maybe you can change it from there.
tried 3 dots and tap and hold - neither work. Will double check the faves menu - thanks

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
So I breathed in - and selected "delete all recent destinations and favourites" -(one click does all at once) - It then offered me the opportunity add 'Home' and 'Work' from scratch. Sorted!! Will just re-add all my faves as they occur.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Probably could have swiped left on the entry (which is the standard "delete" gesture on touch screens nowadays... try it, it wants confirmation anyway) instead.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Probably could have swiped left on the entry (which is the standard "delete" gesture on touch screens nowadays... try it, it wants confirmation anyway) instead.
Yes - mag - that will be correct - But I could not get to a list of fave/home destinations to swipe left on. That was what I was trying to find. Anyways the more drastic delete all worked..... cheers

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes - mag - that will be correct - But I could not get to a list of fave/home destinations to swipe left on. That was what I was trying to find. Anyways the more drastic delete all worked..... cheers
Literally the list where you select a favorite as a destination (after you pressed the "star" icon), is where you swipe left on a favorite to delete it.

As for the "Home" and "Work" destination in the leftmost pane, there is an "Edit Address" and "Delete Address" under the item's respective "···" menu?

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Literally the list where you select a favorite as a destination (after you pressed the "star" icon), is where you swipe left on a favorite to delete it.

As for the "Home" and "Work" destination in the leftmost pane, there is an "Edit Address" and "Delete Address" under the item's respective "···" menu?
Ah! I was over-complicating it - looking in PCM menus and not actually starting by trying to select a destination in Nav first - got it now - thanks Mag.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ah! I was over-complicating it - looking in PCM menus and not actually starting by trying to select a destination in Nav first - got it now - thanks Mag.
Ah, yeah, I understand now! I had the exact same problem when I got the car and wanted to get rid of a phone that we paired as a test in the device menu. I desperately looked for the submenu or whatever that would allow me to delete the entry, until I figured out I could just swipe right there. That’s probably how I know this!

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Call me paranoid but I’ve always taken the view that it’s best to leave Home unpopulated in case the car gets stolen, and to stop the scrotes at least knowing where Home is….
Sponsored