Chargemaster Problem - Red Ring Of Death!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They should’ve given you what you need for the max AC charging rate. Somebody screwed up!
Sponsored

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
Ah, ok. So on the back of the charger it says it’s rated 22kw.

I do have a blue commando socket input cable that came with it - so that is 32A rated I believe.

32A, 240v gives around 7kw or so, so that sounds better!

My issue is though that the charger only lets me set a charge current between 6 and 10A.

If I plug it in on a 32A commando socket, will it let me set higher than 10A??
I don’t have such a docket to try, but will install one if I know that will work!
You can check the video. The guy sets the current to 32A. So single phase 32A would give you the 7kW. And if you are lucky to have a 3-phase power socket (red industrial 5-pole connector) you can charge the Taycan with 11kW even.

OP
OP

jammin88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Huracan LP580-2 Spyder
Country flag
A-HA!

super, thank you!
You’ve just saved me buying a new charger. All I need is a new 32A socket!

dfh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 4 Cabriolet, Jaguar iPace
Country flag
You can check the video. The guy sets the current to 32A. So single phase 32A would give you the 7kW. And if you are lucky to have a 3-phase power socket (red industrial 5-pole connector) you can charge the Taycan with 11kW even.
Mine only came with the supply cable for single phase industrial socket. I do have 3 phase supply so in theory could get the 11kw, but awaiting the dealers response on how to get a supply cable for the charger. And if anyone has experience on the Home Energy Manager I would love to know more. Seems like it would be useful to take advantage of off peak and solar electricity but I suspect buying a Zappi might be cheaper and easier?
Sponsored