Charging nightmare

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Me, I don’t care whose fault it is. Porsche is a systems integrator. If something closely associated with their vehicle, like their official charging network, doesn’t work it’s Porsche’s responsibility to fix it.
We got to Palm Springs, and went to the dealer there. They did some software updates (which, in this day s as bd age, oughta be automatic). It worked on the dealer’s Level 2 charger. We’ll try it on an EA charger before we take out across the desert again.
if it was the software conflict caused by the onboard 19.2 kw unit the car will only have problems syncing with some EA chargers. when my car was afflicted with this issue it would charge on any other charger.
Sponsored

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
Me, I don’t care whose fault it is. Porsche is a systems integrator. If something closely associated with their vehicle, like their official charging network, doesn’t work it’s Porsche’s responsibility to fix it.
We got to Palm Springs, and went to the dealer there. They did some software updates (which, in this day s as bd age, oughta be automatic). It worked on the dealer’s Level 2 charger. We’ll try it on an EA charger before we take out across the desert again.
Palm Springs Porsche dealer good; North Scottsdale Porsche dealer lousy

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I had similar frustrating experiences at first - getting timeouts and other errors until I turned off the Plug and Charge checkbox, and started relying only on the apps (Charging NA / Porsche Connect) to initiate the charging. Then, after a while, I turned the Plug and Charge back ON, and tested -- it either works, or doesn't work - depending on the EA location.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I feel your frustration, I was going nutty about the issue as well but porsche finally created a patch for the issue. you need to get the patch installed by a dealer. which of course highlights another massive fail on porsche's part. their pull back on the OTA software updates is infuriating as well.
Sponsored