jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Update - notes say the problem was with the AC charger but somehow it resulted in DC also not working. They also fixed my left rear parking brake problem, which damaged the ceramic rotor as well. Total tab to Porsche - $8k. Everything works now.

Porsche Taycan "Charging not possible" error IMG_1337
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Well, I guess it’s my turn. After nearly a year of trouble free ownership, today my car will not charge. 🤦🏻‍♂️ It’s a 2021 Taycan Turbo S with 39k km on the odometer.

I first thought it was the home charger (I use the Porsche Mobile charger). I did a factory reset and tried both the 3 phase and the regular 230V wall plugs. Nothing worked . It seems like it almost wants to charge (makes the regular clicking noises when connecting, fan turning on) but after a minute or so of white flashing it errors out, turns red. Tried several times. The charger itself looks ok, screen ok, discovers the car, no error messages.

So I drove to a nearby hotel that has a few free Porsche branded chargers. Tried two different plugs, same thing, didn’t charge. Then I drove to another hotel/restaurant where I happened to charge two weeks ago during dinner without issues, same thing, nothing.

All AC chargers so not sure if a DC one would work, but don’t have one nearby so didn’t check. But either way, need the AC to work.

Car drives like normal, no error messages. I think like others in this thread, that it might be the 22Kw onboard charger or something related to this.

Tow truck just picked it up from home (with a 15% charge left) and will take it to the dealer in Kraków that’s an hour and an half away from here.

Got a Mercedes CLA200 from Porsche Assistance in the meantime which has the power of a go kart.

Porsche Taycan "Charging not possible" error IMG_6284

Porsche Taycan "Charging not possible" error IMG_6293