BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone have info or pictures on Cherry Metallic for the Taycan? The configurator (in Hong Kong) does not seem to be a good representation of the color. When should we expect to see the first pics of that color in real life?

You can see Cherry Metallic in the 911 Targa Heritage edition - and to me the color looks great in those pics.
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I agree the pictures of the 911 Heritage Edition are absolutely stunning and I was pretty sure my Taycan will be Cherry Metallic. So I went to my local Porsche Dealer and he showed me a color sample of Cherry Metallic. We had a look at it in direct sunlight and in the shade and I was really dissapointed. It doesn't even come close to the pictures of the Heritage Edition. In reality the paint color is lighter and more red with a touch of orange. So it does not have this effect from very dark red to dark red.
My proposal -> check your local dealer if he has a color sample or even better a 911 Heritage Edition.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
I agree the pictures of the 911 Heritage Edition are absolutely stunning and I was pretty sure my Taycan will be Cherry Metallic. So I went to my local Porsche Dealer and he showed me a color sample of Cherry Metallic. We had a look at it in direct sunlight and in the shade and I was really dissapointed. It doesn't even come close to the pictures of the Heritage Edition. In reality the paint color is lighter and more red with a touch of orange. So it does not have this effect from very dark red to dark red.
My proposal -> check your local dealer if he has a color sample or even better a 911 Heritage Edition.
My dealer just got new Taycan color plates. I was interested in Cherry Metallic but it is nothing like Heritage.
I would call it Burgandy.
Would have jumped on that Heritage version, but not Taycan interpretation.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer just got new Taycan color plates. I was interested in Cherry Metallic but it is nothing like Heritage.
I would call it Burgandy.
Would have jumped on that Heritage version, but not Taycan interpretation.
I do believe it's the exact same color. However, the photos and video of the Heritage Targa were cleverly shot and the extensive white accents really help the color. It's definitely a color I thought I'd love but I'm not so sure about and might feel like a "lot" on a larger car like the Taycan.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
The Taycan Cherry Metallic sample I was shown by the dealer was more like this:
Porsche Taycan Cherry Metallic Taycan 578

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Hmmm. Had put my hopes on Cherry... Just put Burgundy next to Cherry on the big screen.. Looks pretty close. The old red 911 looks close to Carmine Red... However a Macan in Carmine Red looks different from a Taycan...
@pEAkfrEAk: have you been taking a picture of the sample?

OP
OP

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks - I had not thought to check a color sample at my dealer - great idea. I have been on the lookout for a 911 Heritage edition in my area but have yet to see one.

OP
OP

BruceF

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Probably. This one looks dirty or dusty.
I saw this picture and some comments around it were that this was a picture of an employee car at Porsche and was Cherry Metallic - done as a one-off to test the color. But not something available from Porsche. The color here does look more burgundy than the pics I have seen of the Cherry Metallic Heritage 911. But it is dirty and possibly a cloudy day - hard to tell without seeing it in person. Particularly for colors that change a lot at different viewing angles.
Sponsored