Chip shortage - No more rear screens option

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
If there are no Matrix LED what gets shipped with GTS that come with Matrix as standard?
They have Matrix LEDs available, but only enough for trims that have them as standard and as replacement parts. Not enough to offer them as an option.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
If there are no Matrix LED what gets shipped with GTS that come with Matrix as standard?
My guess is that matrix has been removed from the option choice so those models which have then as standard aren't held up by the shortage as much.
I even considered changing from 4S CT to GTS ST for this reason and preferred the "look" but didn't want the suspension programming.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
You did, but how about your parents? :)
True that - if it wasn’t so bonkers long, I’d seriously consider a good old Maybach with the rear partition screen, just so my wife and I could have some sort of sound proofing shielding us at the front ??‍♂

ASL

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, waiting for my CT4S
Country flag
I heard the Matrix disappeared from the configurator a while ago. But for some unknown reasons, the Belgian Configurator still has them in the available options list. I even asked my dealer last weekend and said nothing was blocking so far.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
? that must be exhausting to watch

I’m worried about motion sickness and they tend to have 2 screens at the back so at least 2 of them are sharing the same content… TBH, I didn’t have screens when I was a kid and I survived long journeys just fine, it might not be a bad thing after all ??‍♂
I didn't have car seats or seat belts on the back when I was a kid either, and I survived too, so maybe not a perfect argument. ;)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I heard the Matrix disappeared from the configurator a while ago. But for some unknown reasons, the Belgian Configurator still has them in the available options list. I even asked my dealer last weekend and said nothing was blocking so far.
Maybe they just don't have any concrete plans when to build them, so no point limiting people's dreams. Restrictions are probably added as they plan actual production windows.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
My kids read books (old fashion paper books) and maybe after they get electronics….

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
My kids read books (old fashion paper books) and maybe after they get electronics….
I wasn’t into books but admire your philosophy, you’re brave ?

I remember using the in-car phone mounted at the back in my dad’s car to send texts and feeling like it was the coolest, most futuristic thing I’d ever do. Was about 10yo and looking at my kids now with their devices I’m wondering how that could have changed so much in barely 20 years ?‍?
Sponsored