OP
Arno

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Today I took my Porsche out for its weekly spa and massage, which I handle myself. When sliding the soft wash glove over the hood, it suddenly popped up. So now there eventually is an easy fix for this problem. Here is what you need:

- A bucket of soapy water
- A bucket of clean rinse water
- A couple of soft wash glove
- Different microfiber clothes

Whenever you need access to the frunk/hood, just open the rear trunk and get your wash gear out and follow the instructions above. (PS Remember not to store the equipment under the hood, or else you’re back to square one). A second alternative, is the old fashion key - but hey, let’s rather be creative ;)
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well just picked up my car after a week having a full PPF. All sensors seem fine so far. Opening frunk with the hand wave works as well as ever too, so happy. I had even required the thickest film on the nose, Xpel Ultima Plus 10.
I'm not promising others won't have issues, only that I don't.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
This is a topic of some frustration for me. My frunk would open with the wave...and then it wouldn't. It didn't occur to me that it could be the clear-bra. But, having that applied seemed to be the point in time where it stopped working.

Having said all of that, @Dee seems to be correct. The car has to be "alive" or so. I locked my car last night by accident...in my own garage!... and just went out there with the key in my pocket. The car woke up, mirrors pop-out, and you could hear it doing some kind of warm-up exercise. So I swiped my hand over the crest and forward....the hood popped right open. I'm so happy to have that feature back!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
This is a topic of some frustration for me. My frunk would open with the wave...and then it wouldn't. It didn't occur to me that it could be the clear-bra. But, having that applied seemed to be the point in time where it stopped working.

Having said all of that, @Dee seems to be correct. The car has to be "alive" or so. I locked my car last night by accident...in my own garage!... and just went out there with the key in my pocket. The car woke up, mirrors pop-out, and you could hear it doing some kind of warm-up exercise. So I swiped my hand over the crest and forward....the think popped right open. I'm so happy to have that feature back!
Nice!
I also managed to open it when it was still "dead".
It seems you have to start at the Porsche crest and move straight down.
That'll work 8/10 times too.
Same for the rear: it really depends how you swipe, exactly in the middle and straight will give you the best chance of succes.

manojkoushik

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
resurrecting this old thread.
I have ppf as well and after playing songs with it a bit I can open the frunk port much 100% of the time with comfort access.
My observations:
- the sensor seems to be located not on the hood but the front fender. Right Belle the seam where the hood meets and in line with the Porsche crest
- swiping the front fender works best
- a slow/long swipe is better
- contact does not seem to be needed.
Sponsored