Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
thats even weirder. I just tested this.
1) Car is locked.
2) unlock car by pressing key fob and remain standing nearby
3) after 45s the car does indeed lock but door handles and mirrors remain extended.
4) after a further minute, no further actions from the car, but trying the protruded handle confirms the car is indeed locked.
5) lock with keyfob - everything retracts

So I don’t Fully understand that behaviour either. But at least it’s on its way to being functional useful, if incomplete.

But itstill doesn’t go anywhere close to explaining the proximity effect. Others on this list reckon it’s locking and unlocking with keyfob proximity. Mine is only doing the door handle retraction.

So between these two strange behaviours there’s a useful function but it’s not joined up.
If not already, download the Porsche Good to Know App (for your model year) to fully understand the locking / unlocking behaviours with / without Comfort Access.

It all works as specified and the only niggle I have is that the mirrors don't retract (where option is fitted - someone has made this mistake already) if you unlock and then decide to walk away without touching the car - the car will lock but the mirrors won't retract. Depending on whether you are having a 'senior moment' or not will create the false impression that the car is not locked when in fact it is.

The handles will eventually retract if the car is locked in this manner.
Sponsored

Evnoob

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Nope. There’s nothing in the manual (good to know app) that describes the strange behaviour in seeing.