Contrast stitching - has Porsche lost the plot?

Ignorethemanual

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari F12, BMW M850i, Lamborghini Urus, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just changed my October car from a MY20 to a MY21 and added HUD and contrast stitching. Was talking through the change with my dealer who announced that contrast stitch was £2,400. I quickly cancelled this option on the basis that it is a TOTAL rip off.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
Just changed my October car from a MY20 to a MY21 and added HUD and contrast stitching. Was talking through the change with my dealer who announced that contrast stitch was £2,400. I quickly cancelled this option on the basis that it is a TOTAL rip off.

Thoughts?
Ah - but remember it takes many hands and much knowledge to change that reel .
It’s commonly known as the Ferrari fix !!

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

Thoughts?
I don’t disagree but I still added it. The contrast stitching was the one MY2021 feature I really wanted. I didn’t end up adding the HUD as I like the look of the dash without it. I really wanted the functionality though and it was heartbreaking not to have a better implementation.

Since the ship sailed on reasonable costs a long time ago, I also added the new floor mats with contrast stitching for $890CAD. They will go nicely with my way overpriced key fob with matching contrast stitching.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I bet Porsche sells a LOT of cars with contrast stitching so it's not a rip off. Why would they lower the price on an option people are willing to pay for?

All of the interior options are stunning and don't need it, so if you don't live next to a money tree (don't worry, I don't either) just pass on it and look at options that are a better value.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wondered when people who were excited about deviated stitching were going to notice that the price is usually a LOT. If it's listed as just contrast stitching, then yeah, that's quite the rip, but if it's deviated, then $$$.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I wondered when people who were excited about deviated stitching were going to notice that the price is usually a LOT. If it's listed as just contrast stitching, then yeah, that's quite the rip, but if it's deviated, then $$$.
Excuse my ignorance - what is the difference between contrast and deviated? I got it but apparently don’t know what I got!!

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag

Thoughts?
For the number of surfaces it includes, the price is actually lower than typical Porsche Exclusive items. I asked them to do it when I ordered my car last November, but it was not available even as a Porsche Exclusive custom build.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Deviated Stitching is for Deviates!

(I fully endorse it!)

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance - what is the difference between contrast and deviated? I got it but apparently don’t know what I got!!
Just means stitching different ('deviated') from whatever they consider 'normal'. Sometimes (though unlikely on Porsche) the 'normal' stitching is contrasting, such as platinum on black or something.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@struther
Hi......what is the delivery timing on your car with stitching?
Also, what color leather and stitching did you go with?
I’m thinking of adding as well, just nervous of potential delays

I don’t disagree but I still added it. The contrast stitching was the one MY2021 feature I really wanted. I didn’t end up adding the HUD as I like the look of the dash without it. I really wanted the functionality though and it was heartbreaking not to have a better implementation.

Since the ship sailed on reasonable costs a long time ago, I also added the new floor mats with contrast stitching for $890CAD. They will go nicely with my way overpriced key fob with matching contrast stitching.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
@struther
Hi......what is the delivery timing on your car with stitching?
Also, what color leather and stitching did you go with?
I’m thinking of adding as well, just nervous of potential delays
My build date was pushed from November to February due to contrast stitching. April arrival in Canada. I went with Guards Red on Olea Basalt Black. Car is Carrera White. I also got floor mats with Guards Red stitching and the case for colour matched key has Guards Red stitching. i debated colours as I also liked the Bordeaux red, blue, yellow and orange. Tough choice!

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@struther
oh wow.......the earliest I can request is January since I want the 4s with CF sports package
so since I’m waiting I decided to also go with stitching........going with black int / speed yellow stitch against chalk ext / mission e black wheels
i saw the option for the floormats and may add that as well
it’ll be interesting with a Jan order to see when the build happens with stitching

My build date was pushed from November to February due to contrast stitching. April arrival in Canada. I went with Guards Red on Olea Basalt Black. Car is Carrera White. I also got floor mats with Guards Red stitching and the case for colour matched key has Guards Red stitching. i debated colours as I also liked the Bordeaux red, blue, yellow and orange. Tough choice!
Sponsored