First Name
Jiri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, 03.03.22 ordered Taycan CT Turbo S
Country flag
:-(
Last week, the dealer said that contrast stitching is not possible for August production and is possible in production CT Turbo S in September 2022. Today, the dealer said that it will not be possible for a long time, maybe a year or more ... no one knows.
For God's sake why? The price of contrast stitching is already high. But OK, it's the icing on the cake and very important to me.
After all, there is stitching. Perhaps it is a matter of replacing the bobbin with thread. I would be willing to go there to change the spool there :)
In fact, it makes me very sad and I want to cancel the order, because if it is not in my imagination, I can buy a warehouse car for a fraction of the price, not even a Porsche, for example Škoda. Because it's a shame the money, if that's not exactly what I want.
Sponsored

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Last week, the dealer said that contrast stitching is not possible for August production and is possible in production CT Turbo S in September 2022. Today, the dealer said that it will not be possible for a long time, maybe a year or more ... no one knows.
For God's sake why? The price of contrast stitching is already high. But OK, it's the icing on the cake and very important to me.
After all, there is stitching. Perhaps it is a matter of replacing the bobbin with thread. I would be willing to go there to change the spool there :)
In fact, it makes me very sad and I want to cancel the order, because if it is not in my imagination, I can buy a warehouse car for a fraction of the price, not even a Porsche, for example Škoda. Because it's a shame the money, if that's not exactly what I want.
Totally Agree😐

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
First World problem, still sucks when the whole point of ordering a Porsche to your spec is to get your exact spec.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
order the cheapest seats and then get a coachbuilder to recover the seats! no idea what that would cost..

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
There is also apparently a stop sale on yellow stitching per comments on Rennlist.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Porsche are proud of their Exclusive Manufaktur service- maybe you could email them directly to get more clarity?

OP
OP
IcanIcanOnlyTaycan
First Name
Jiri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is also apparently a stop sale on yellow stitching per comments on Rennlist.
I have (had) this combination that someone already has here.
For me, it also has a big plus for my wife's favorite costume combination.

Porsche Taycan Contrast stitching is not possible blackberry_interior

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My understanding is that adding things like PTS or contrast stitching is about the equivalent of ordering a different car because they end up in completely separate factory queues, so hearing that it might add over a year does sound about right.

I sort of get it though, the assembly line sort of depends on each car being fairly similar to be able to get cars out as fast as possible. It's not just about switching out the threads, but also being able to be positive that every car gets exactly the right thread because just one car being wrong could mean a pretty big waste of resources and loss of customer good will if it got delivered that way.

OP
OP
IcanIcanOnlyTaycan
First Name
Jiri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My understanding is that adding things like PTS or contrast stitching is about the equivalent of ordering a different car because they end up in completely separate factory queues, so hearing that it might add over a year does sound about right.

I sort of get it though, the assembly line sort of depends on each car being fairly similar to be able to get cars out as fast as possible. It's not just about switching out the threads, but also being able to be positive that every car gets exactly the right thread because just one car being wrong could mean a pretty big waste of resources and loss of customer good will if it got delivered that way.
This is how it is understood. But!!! Taycan is not a car that is supposed to be similar to a neighbor, and the already high price of all possible equipment components on request does not rank the car among such cars and car manufacturers where it should surprise them on the belt that the cars are not the same. I'm not ready for this at Porsche.
And a waste ... I understand. But it will also be a bit of a waste if I cancel the order. I'm sorry, but the contrast stitching was the item in interior design that probably excited me the most. Yes, even with the high price a bit :)
I am a person who does not back down from his wishes and ideas!

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
This is how it is understood. But!!! Taycan is not a car that is supposed to be similar to a neighbor, and the already high price of all possible equipment components on request does not rank the car among such cars and car manufacturers where it should surprise them on the belt that the cars are not the same. I'm not ready for this at Porsche.
And a waste ... I understand. But it will also be a bit of a waste if I cancel the order. I'm sorry, but the contrast stitching was the item in interior design that probably excited me the most. Yes, even with the high price a bit :)
I am a person who does not back down from his wishes and ideas!
Well, if you’re canceling your order because you can’t get what you want fast enough, you kinda backing down on your wishes & ideas 👀
But yeah, contrast stitching looks awesome

OP
OP
IcanIcanOnlyTaycan
First Name
Jiri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, if you’re canceling your order because you can’t get what you want fast enough, you kinda backing down on your wishes & ideas 👀
But yeah, contrast stitching looks awesome
.... your wishes & ideas 👀 Yes. :) I have such a nature that I want everything or nothing. Sometimes unfortunately.
Sponsored