WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I don't think that a 2 door or 2+2 belongs in the Taycan range (any more than it would in the Panamera range)...when Porsche do a "proper" EV sports car I'd expect it to have a different name and look. I'm interested to see how well an EV can perform as a sports car (e.g. the new Lotus)- the power and weight characteristics don't seem a great fit, but once ICE is dead I guess there won't be an alternative.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Convertible or CT-Targa next! :)

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Looks great, no use to me as need the CT (only car). 100% though if I was running multiple cars I'd have this over the saloon any day.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I don't think that a 2 door or 2+2 belongs in the Taycan range (any more than it would in the Panamera range)...when Porsche do a "proper" EV sports car I'd expect it to have a different name and look. I'm interested to see how well an EV can perform as a sports car (e.g. the new Lotus)- the power and weight characteristics don't seem a great fit, but once ICE is dead I guess there won't be an alternative.
I agree. I think a Taycan Coupe would cannibalize and/or dilute the impact of a future 911 EV. Don’t see Porsche doing that.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Maybe, but since it seems they already cannot meet demand with the model lineup they currently have, why bother?
Fair point. However, the car has been a big success for Porsche so I would think we would be seeing many variants (much like the 911) of the Taycan in effort to maximize sales in every possible niche. I have yet to see more than two people in a Taycan sedan around my neck of the woods, so I believe many of those buyers would go for the two-door version. Also, Porsche would charge I bet about $5k more for the two-door version, because they can. Then again, maybe the EV version of the 918 will fill the two-door role.
Porsche Taycan Coupe Anyone? thumbnail_image005

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Fair point. However, the car has been a big success for Porsche so I would think we would be seeing many variants (much like the 911) of the Taycan in effort to maximize sales in every possible niche. I have yet to see more than two people in a Taycan sedan around my neck of the woods, so I believe many of those buyers would go for the two-door version. Also, Porsche would charge I bet about $5k more for the two-door version, because they can. Then again, maybe the EV version of the 918 will fill the two-door role.
thumbnail_image005.jpg
The above looks like Audi TT and a Taycan had a baby! ;)

Bluebeauty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If this is eventually for real, swapping immediately. Love my 4s but the coupe is OMG.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
FWIW, my sales guy thinks electric 718 first in 2023. He's not convinced they'll be any two door Taycan's.

That was in response to my comment: "I'm mulling over a Taycan Turbo S – but what I really want is a shorter two door Taycan".

What I really want is a two door tourer – which is what a shorter Taycan could do brilliantly.