Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Their new hyper car will most assuredly be under 4Klbs. and be low volume, hence https://tinyurl.com/yftru8e4.

Next gen Taycan with new series battery tech will get also get it lower in weight.
Hyper car, eh? I was hoping you were talking about something that I could possibly afford! ;)
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
That’s a car separate from the aforementioned.
Well ok, so they can get the hyper car under 4000 LBS. I still don't think they can do it with a 2 door production Taycan which I thought was what we were talking about. Maybe I misunderstood...

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Well ok, so they can get the hyper car under 4000 LBS. I still don't think they can do it with a 2 door production Taycan which I thought was what we were talking about. Maybe I misunderstood...
We were, I was just using that as an example; no worries.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If this car existed I wouldn't be a Taycan 4door owner today!

2 doors and open roof is exactly what I want.

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
If this car existed I wouldn't be a Taycan 4door owner today!

2 doors and open roof is exactly what I want.
Would that Porsche listened to what people wanted.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Would that Porsche listened to what people wanted.
Porsche needed to cast the widest net with a sedan. 40k units of Taycan in 2022 if fantastic news, now its time to get some other variants.

I would love a coupe, but I wonder how they fit 93kwh batteries in a coupe form factor?

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Yeah this model isn’t even 2 years old, so if they’re doing a traditional 7 year cycle and most of the variants are already out, they’re either just going to do software/power upgrades or…

I would love a coupe, but I wonder how they fit 93kwh batteries in a coupe form factor?
Never underestimate the Germans.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I and others have noted this in other threads: If you eliminate the foot garage, the car is only slightly longer than the current 911. I do think, however, that the coupe with 93kWh would have to be a two seater.

Porsche Taycan [Almost Official] "960" Taycan Coupe / Convertible on the way FootGarage2

Porsche Taycan [Almost Official] "960" Taycan Coupe / Convertible on the way FootGarage1

OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
I and others have noted this in other threads: If you eliminate the foot garage, the car is only slightly longer than the current 911. I do think, however, that the coupe with 93kWh would have to be a two seater.

FootGarage2.jpeg

FootGarage1.png
Admittedly, I’ve revised my own stance on the size of the car. At first, you just reason it as big, but it’s somehow compact as well. I think this is due to the width and height; not to mention the COG. Really special machine.

I wouldn’t say that it fits perfectly between the Panamera and 911, however. It’s only 3 inches shorter than a Panamera and several inches longer than a 911; although the coupe would probably fit perfectly between them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MissionE

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Remember the early renderings? (Not mine, BTW)
Unless they pull a fast one and make the next gen Panamera a two-door GT car and put the luxury emphasis on the Taycan. Actually kinda makes sense; having two sedans so close in class, they’re going to have to do something to differentiate; especially as Taycan gets more refined and most Porsches go Ev.
Sponsored