Covers for car seats

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
hi all, so I'm expected to take delivery of my Taycan soon (with GTS race-tex interior) and I have a couple of young kids (so will have 2 baby car seats in the back). Any suggestions on how to protect/cover the race-text seats to prevent spillage (like pee) that would keep me up at night?
Sponsored

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche sells seat covers that generally do the trick for most things, but I don't know that it would keep in liquids...

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Pee in cars... Comes with the package of having kids?

I’d keep portable pee bags in the car for emergencies.

We have 30 in the back trunk for long excursions and also emergencies where it’s just difficult to find a public bathroom.

It’s a small plastic unisex pouch.

I would also keep the seat covers under the car seats to protect from marks and indents. We have one under our baby car seat for the last year and everything is pristine under. The car seat came with the baby seat.

OP
OP

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Pee in cars... Comes with the package of having kids?

I’d keep portable pee bags in the car for emergencies.

We have 30 in the back trunk for long excursions and also emergencies where it’s just difficult to find a public bathroom.

It’s a small plastic unisex pouch.

I would also keep the seat covers under the car seats to protect from marks and indents. We have one under our baby car seat for the last year and everything is pristine under. The car seat came with the baby seat.
What seat covers did you use for under the car sets?

Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S On Order, Tesla M3P, A35 AMG
Country flag
What seat covers did you use for under the car sets?
I had some generic ones from Amazon in my Tesla which were almost identical to the Porsche versions, my friend has the Porsche covers in his Race Tex Macan and they have kept the original seats spotless.

No issues with liquids getting through child seat and cover to the car seats.

He also has the front seat back cover from Porsche. It I wouldn’t recommend that for the Taycan as the integrated head rests mean the top strap would annoy front seat occupants and always be visible in the front.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Sounds like you need some seat covers under a car seat? This is what I use: Munchkin® Brica® Elite Seat Guardian™ Car Seat Protector. You can find it on Amazon, but it's much more expensive now than when I got them. Look for them in the amzn warehouse for half off. The rubber on this can leave impressions in leather, but you have racetex, so it should be ok for you.

OP
OP

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Sounds like you need some seat covers under a car seat? This is what I use: Munchkin® Brica® Elite Seat Guardian™ Car Seat Protector. You can find it on Amazon, but it's much more expensive now than when I got them. Look for them in the amzn warehouse for half off. The rubber on this can leave impressions in leather, but you have racetex, so it should be ok for you.
It looks like hard plastic, does it create any 'indents' on the seats?

Austintin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2014
Country flag
I had good experiences with luxury and custom seat covers for my previous Taycan. These covers are a popular choice for Taycan owners because they are waterproof and durable. They are also custom-made to fit and are available in a variety of colors and styles.
Sponsored

Last edited: