First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Please factor in your Driving Licence in to this equation too Gary :D

These things are so rapid that you blink and you are over the speed limit :swear:
True, but most of you lot are rich... look at the list of cars you own or have owned lol. Best I had was an AMG A45
Sponsored

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
True, but most of you lot are rich... look at the list of cars you own or have owned lol. Best I had was an AMG A45
I am happy for you Gary, you got the best one out of the lot! Now roll on delivery day.

As for the rest can you please go back to page 1 and amend your choices as a few of you who have said you are definitely cancelling are now taking the car! Thanks

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Just to say that if you are buying this car through your limited company, the higher the value the better. The total value of the purchase is offset against profits:

£100k = Best Corp tax offset is £19k

£150k = Best Corp Tax Offset is £28.5k

Yes PCP Payments are more etc, but thats all based on spec, miles, term blah blah. The more options you add to a 4S the less it makes sense on PC vs Turbo/S. If you are happy with a 4S at around £100 - £105k then stay there is my advise. Any higher and it doesn't work

Clearly it depends on profit in business etc but straight away there is almost a £10k benefit of the Turbo S. BIK at 1% 4S = £100 a Month vs £150 Turbo s so only £600 on year 2.

Then as Dan has said, Residuals are 4S £47.3k roughly, Turbo S = £78k = £31k difference. Then you add in the options and rarity of a Turbo S vs a 4S will increase the value.

Then anyone buying a Taycan in UK PCP and only intends keeping the car for 2 - 3 years then all i can say is I hope you like taking a massive hit to buy yourself out of PCP. PCP only makes sense if you keep it for as close to the full term as possible, otherwise you take a big hit or you put in a big deposit (again that's counter productive for PCP).

As for the power, all 3 are amazing. Will i be driving it like a complete tool to it's full potential.... Ofc not, unless you track day the car. I went for the Turbo/S based on talking to Dan and all the points I have laid out above.
You also have to bear in mind, that if you claim the full 100% write down allowance, you have to pay it back based on the sale price. Hence why I may not claim the full 100%. I am deciding whether to just claim the 18% or somewhere around 25% in the first year and the 18% annually thereafter.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You also have to bear in mind, that if you claim the full 100% write down allowance, you have to pay it back based on the sale price. Hence why I may not claim the full 100%. I am deciding whether to just claim the 18% or somewhere around 25% in the first year and the 18% annually thereafter.
Yes, you pay 19% on the £79k. So i am just offsetting 50% of it in 4 year time

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Our local dealer just received a 4S demo, so I may go an compare it to the Turbo I test drove before the pandemic. Still have put my plans on hold for buying, but have not requested by $2500 deposit I place in January 2019
Which dealer, Perimeter or Hennessey? I've driven the Turbo S at Hennessey but I'd like to actually drive a 4S. I'm in Roswell. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd prefer to chat.

Brent

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
As for the rest can you please go back to page 1 and amend your choices as a few of you who have said you are definitely cancelling are now taking the car! Thanks
You need a new option: "No, but while stuck in quarantine and obsessively reading and watching Taycan reviews, I've changed my spec".

That would be me. Changed my Turbo order to a 4S with a lot more option boxes checked.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
You need a new option: "No, but while stuck in quarantine and obsessively reading and watching Taycan reviews, I've changed my spec".

That would be me. Changed my Turbo order to a 4S with a lot more option boxes checked.
I was watching Taycan videos all through lockdown too - wife thought I had gone mad :D

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Keeping mine (Turbo) and its registered for the £3500 EV Government Grant.

Placed my order from UK day 1 - Sept 2019. Was down for March delivery, then the world fell apart.

I have my chassis number and "She" is sat at Emden port waiting to be put on a ship to Sheerness, UK

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I stopped by my Connecticut dealer yesterday to collect my Georgia plate and registration. The showroom was full of activity. I was told that last month was its busiest month ever and there was no slow down even when the business was handled remotely. Lots of time at home watching Porsche videos is bad for the wallet but good for the economy.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I stopped by my Connecticut dealer yesterday to collect my Georgia plate and registration. The showroom was full of activity. I was told that last month was its busiest month ever and there was no slow down even when the business was handled remotely. Lots of time at home watching Porsche videos is bad for the wallet but good for the economy.
I was told the same thing from my dealer who is in a midwestern state. Go figure.
Sponsored