$cooter

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Dealership fixed it in 5 minutes by adjusting the two plastic spacers on the inside of the tailgate. 👍😊
Sponsored

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
FYI mine was a loose wire connector buried beneath one of the plastic panels, dealer found it.

99Problems

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT
Country flag
I'm in the camp of having removed the cover all together but still had a "clunking" sound... like something is loose. Dealer had the car for 2 weeks, took out all the interior trim in the trunk, and ended up replacing the right rear spring damper... said the issue was resolved. Got the car back yesterday... still has the "clunk" sound coming from the rear... for those how said it was adjusted via spacers in the tailgate, can I get some more info? Something I could do myself, or maybe give the dealership better info so they get it fixed this time? I checked the strike plate "latch" that someone posted as being loose, and mine def. doesn't wiggle at all...

$cooter

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in the camp of having removed the cover all together but still had a "clunking" sound... like something is loose. Dealer had the car for 2 weeks, took out all the interior trim in the trunk, and ended up replacing the right rear spring damper... said the issue was resolved. Got the car back yesterday... still has the "clunk" sound coming from the rear... for those how said it was adjusted via spacers in the tailgate, can I get some more info? Something I could do myself, or maybe give the dealership better info so they get it fixed this time? I checked the strike plate "latch" that someone posted as being loose, and mine def. doesn't wiggle at all...
They did two things with my tailgate, adjusting the spacers. Not the height, just a small adjustment of the left/right position so they apply the right pressure.
Secondly they also gave them a rub with some lubricant they use for rubber parts in cabriolets. Didn’t really understand why but perhaps that was to allow the tailgate some micro movement against the spacer, avoiding it to get “stuck” at first, then moving a little bit and causing the clunk.
This would be my advise;
1. Drive with the tailgate open on a bumpy road where you experienced the clunk. If silent, then it is the spacer issue.
2. ask the dealership to adjust. Some trial and error might be needed. Mine was perfect at first try though.
3. Just in case, ask them to apply some of the “cabriolet rubber lubricant”. Won’t hurt.
Hope this will help. If you need I can add a picture of the spacer part I refer to.
Good luck!!

99Problems

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT
Country flag
They did two things with my tailgate, adjusting the spacers. Not the height, just a small adjustment of the left/right position so they apply the right pressure.
Secondly they also gave them a rub with some lubricant they use for rubber parts in cabriolets. Didn’t really understand why but perhaps that was to allow the tailgate some micro movement against the spacer, avoiding it to get “stuck” at first, then moving a little bit and causing the clunk.
This would be my advise;
1. Drive with the tailgate open on a bumpy road where you experienced the clunk. If silent, then it is the spacer issue.
2. ask the dealership to adjust. Some trial and error might be needed. Mine was perfect at first try though.
3. Just in case, ask them to apply some of the “cabriolet rubber lubricant”. Won’t hurt.
Hope this will help. If you need I can add a picture of the spacer part I refer to.
Good luck!!
Pics of the spacers would be great. I’ll have to try driving with the back open and see if it stops the noise all together.

$cooter

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is the spacer that can be adjusted just a tiny bit to increase its pressure when tailgate is closed.
Let the dealer do it for you as they did for me

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have a slight rattle when going over bumps. My hooks are secure. I think it’s just the parcel shelf moving around a bit. Anyone else have the same issue and found a solution? I would prefer to keep the parcel shelf in place.

Nasko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ8
Country flag
I have a slight rattle when going over bumps. My hooks are secure. I think it’s just the parcel shelf moving around a bit. Anyone else have the same issue and found a solution? I would prefer to keep the parcel shelf in place.
Yeah, I was driving on a paved street today with some bumps and could here a slight rattle. Thought it was just the parcel shelf as well and will be monitoring it from now on.

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I have what sounds like a metallic rattle over bumps - does not appear to be coming from 'as far back' as the tailgate. Have removed parcel shelf -no change; adjusted stoppers - no change.; Gummiplege the rubbers - no change. Anyone else have any ideas? Oh and sorted parcelshelf by adding a layer of adhesive felt where the tailgate rubbers press on the parcelshelf which tightened it up nicely. Still got metallic rattle though.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have what sounds like a metallic rattle over bumps - does not appear to be coming from 'as far back' as the tailgate. Have removed parcel shelf -no change; adjusted stoppers - no change.; Gummiplege the rubbers - no change. Anyone else have any ideas? Oh and sorted parcelshelf by adding a layer of adhesive felt where the tailgate rubbers press on the parcelshelf which tightened it up nicely. Still got metallic rattle though.
Could be passenger seat / head rest rattle. Here are a few prior threads:
Sponsored