First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
Hi all

I benefited hugely from reading others experiences and so I hope this will provide some value to others considering a CT4.

This is my first Porsche and my first electric car and I strongly suspect that what you have driven previously will impact how much power you need. I test drove Turbo sedans because that is all they had for months and I was worried about the step down but I shouldn’t have.

I am coming from a Range Rover and Audi A5 and the CT4 is plenty fast for me and too fast for my family when I drive aggressively.

If you are not coming from an electric car, V8 or twin turbo something the CT4 will feel very fast. I haven’t tried launch control yet because I haven’t found anywhere to do so but 20 to 70 is brutal as is 50 to 110 (ahem).

I’ve had the car 1 day and done 300 miles either on freeway or twisties. Finding a gap for overtaking and then blasting past 5 cars in 3 or 4 seconds is not going to get old.

There is a slight lag in the build up of speed at the very start which I assume gets shorter and shorter as you go up in motor size but it is a fraction of a second to put it into perspective.

Shape - it is very low and wide especially without the Off road pack and rails and it looks much sportier in person than in the photos. I cannot imagine how you could make a better looking station wagon. Getting in and out feels identical to the sedan.

By saving money on the base build (I originally wanted a 4s but there were no allocations) I got to spend freely on options and wanted to highlight my favorites so far.

Massage seats - I know it’s a sports car but they are much better than I imagined and everyone in my family loves them.

Compass - yes, very cool as it turns on its cradle.

Gloss black finish - yes but don’t bother with the window surrounds as they are already black on the CT4 and I think your money is better spent elsewhere.

Rear wheel steering - yes, for all the reasons well documented elsewhere on this forum. I pulled a couple of cheeky u turns with ease and it feels very locked down on high speed corners.

Leather finish on center console (with mamba green stitching) - an extravagant option for $1700 that I have not seen anyone else spec but it adds such a premium feel in combination with the aluminum rhombus (another big yes) and frames the 4 way climate controls in the back (also yes of you have rear seat passengers, along with rear heated seats) with class.

Premium pack - no brainer, Bose, Surround. ambient lighting all great as are 14 way ventilated seats. I’m amazed at how much I can adjust my driving position. I’m 5’8 and I have one setting for relaxed cruise in which I can look down the hood and another for low down race car driver.

Taycan exclusive wheels painted jet black metallic - very personal choice but I love how sporty this car looks on these wheels, and that no one else has specced then on a CT so far :)

The ride is probably noisier and slightly harsher then rolling on 20s but for me looks were more important. I’ll report back on average consumption when I have enough data but the dealer reckons these are the best by far for range.

Rear 2+1 - yes as it provides the best use of that space

Options that I haven’t justified yet are as follows:

PTV+ - very hard to tell what life would be like without but I’m hoping it’ll give me extra control off-road and in the snow.

Black aluminum door sills - I’m pleased that they are not plastic but I never look at them and will never actually tread on them.

Mirrors in high gloss - I think standard black would have been fine.

ACC - I’m sure this will be good and it was an investment for the future when the other features get better but so far cruising behind other people has not been my focus.

Reversible trunk mat - you need one but probably not at the price Porsche charge.

Thermal and nose insulation glass - can’t tell the difference. All our T mobile phones work fine so that is a relief but it’s been raining here and I’ll never know if it would have been noisier without.

I’ll add more notes when I get another few days of driving as we have more road trips planned in but needless to say I have zero regrets. This is a stunning car that I am already deeply in love with.

Porsche Taycan CT4 first impressions DD147269-B494-4183-9E7D-AC6AC105965E

Porsche Taycan CT4 first impressions 238ECD48-3459-4D7C-ADC1-7F4B178086CF

Porsche Taycan CT4 first impressions 53E928B1-12FF-4FCF-8ACB-8104663C3D51

Porsche Taycan CT4 first impressions 267355FE-ACCD-4E77-ADB7-9B85F2ED964C

Porsche Taycan CT4 first impressions 470CF2D6-1DDA-44E7-8E3A-9E1088735687

Porsche Taycan CT4 first impressions 1725C3CD-B724-4AB9-BD05-C964350CE3C0

Last edited:

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Looks great! We got a super similar set of options actually. Mine’s out for front end PPF before I start logging all the miles on it.
Enjoy it!

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Who did you end up using for your PPF work?

-ThinkMac-

Looks great! We got a super similar set of options actually. Mine’s out for front end PPF before I start logging all the miles on it.
Enjoy it!

gtr_skyline

First Name
Prashan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Congrats, stunning car and spec - really pleased to read your review. I had to order the CT4 as my company car scheme had a limited of £90K list price...so managed to add most of the options from my CT4S order... the car is mainly for use by my wife who currently has a Range Rover sport - was hard to convince her to move to more of a car than an SUV but it will be chalk and cheese compared to the unreliability of the Land Rover product. Also great to hear about the performance.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Thx for sharing your pics @Greenmachine - got the added console leather too but chose to have it the same color as the Bordeaux red vs the black accents in my car - really interested to see how that is going to look :)!

OP
OP
Greenmachine

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thx for sharing your pics @Greenmachine - got the added console leather too but chose to have it the same color as the Bordeaux red vs the black accents in my car - really interested to see how that is going to look :)!

I don’t think that was an option for me with the chalk. I could choose the stitching color only. I was also tempted by the leather sun visors but I’m glad I didn’t as I discovered that they came with those ugly warning notices baked on.

Really no regrets so far, got both keys, electric steering column and everything in the PCM seems to work just fine.

The biggest surprise is how low the car looks in real life compared to all the videos and photos that I spent so long staring at.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Who did you end up using for your PPF work?

-ThinkMac-
I went with DoubleTake auto spa in Fremont, they were the only ones who could accommodate my schedule due to the unpredictability of delivery dates. I couldn’t bear to have the car sit until January to get into some of the other shops recommended here!

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
I also have same clean look, in wednesday going to pick it up and see, how low it really looks. Great news!

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm also planning for a CT4. I have test-driven a couple of Taycan sedans recently, and I noticed regen to the battery when braking but not when coasting (via the Power Meter in center instrument screen). Is there a function somewhere in the menus that you can turn on to allow regen when coasting, where the engine slows the car down a little more (but not drastically as in the all-out "one-pedal-driving" feature in some EVs)? This would be good to have, to prolong the range of the Taycan, but I could not find such a menu item when I was searching...

OP
OP
Greenmachine

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm also planning for a CT4. I have test-driven a couple of Taycan sedans recently, and I noticed regen to the battery when braking but not when coasting (via the Power Meter in center instrument screen). Is there a function somewhere in the menus that you can turn on to allow regen when coasting, where the engine slows the car down a little more (but not drastically as in the all-out "one-pedal-driving" feature in some EVs)? This would be good to have, to prolong the range of the Taycan, but I could not find such a menu item when I was searching...
Yes, there is a small button on the steering wheel next to the volume control. Tapping it once turns it on or off. Noticeable difference instantly.

FredG

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Yes, there is a small button on the steering wheel next to the volume control. Tapping it once turns it on or off. Noticeable difference instantly.
I personally like the automatic regen option; the car coasts when no one is in front, like when you lift for a turn but actively regen breaks when a car slows down in front of you in traffic; I would suggest you give it a try.

Also, you can set your regen preference and add it to your individual driving mode so it is set as you like it all the time ( after you select individual) once you start the car.
Sponsored