Anil

First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys. Does anyone know how I can setup a charging profile that will only allow charging between 00:30 and 04:30 and cut-off charging at 04:30 regardless of the state of charge? I can see how to setup Preferred Charging Hours, but if the car doesn't reach the preset maximum charge level within these hours, it continues to charge after 04:30 until it reaches this level. I recently changed electricity tariff to Octopus Go which provides very low rates between these hours. Hope someone can help - thanks.
Sponsored

Redders

First Name
Antony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mercedes E240 Est, BMW 420d Sport Conv
Country flag
Hi guys. Does anyone know how I can setup a charging profile that will only allow charging between 00:30 and 04:30 and cut-off charging at 04:30 regardless of the state of charge? I can see how to setup Preferred Charging Hours, but if the car doesn't reach the preset maximum charge level within these hours, it continues to charge after 04:30 until it reaches this level. I recently changed electricity tariff to Octopus Go which provides very low rates between these hours. Hope someone can help - thanks.
Hi Anil, did you find a way to charge the car between these times only (regardless of the level of charge at 4:30 am?) I assume anyone using a PMCC and Octopus Go tariff would find this useful

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
AFAIK there is no way to STOP the car from charging BEFORE the target charge. You would need an EVSE with a timer to do this.

Now one thing you could try, but it would be a big pain in the arse. Hang on until the end. First, disable your profile and set only a timer for 04:30. Next, guesstimate how much charge you will collect between 00:30 and 04:30. E.g. if you charge at 9.6 kW, that's 4x9.6x85% = 32.7 kWh or roughly 38% of the battery capacity. That 85% is an estimate for charging losses. We'll come back to that. Check your SOC when you park, edit your timer BEFORE YOU PLUG IN, and change the target charge to the lesser of 85% or your current SOC + 38%. Assuming you can track your consumption (if not, wake yourself up at 00:15), check if the car has started charging before 00:30. If so, reduce that 85% (which will reduce that SOC + 38% to SOC + 35% of something). Eventually you will zero in on how much charge you can add over 4 hours. But you are still relegating yourself to extra steps when you park your car. Is it worth it (considering you can afford this car)?

If any Porsche developers are listening, the solution is simple. A check box in the profile (when preferred hours is selected) to give priority to the target charge or to give priority to the charging hours. If priority is target charge, the current behavior is maintained. If priority is preferred hours, the car will ONLY charge during preferred hours (give the user a warning that the target SOC may not be reached). Send a notification to the app if charging stops and the target SOC was not reached.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It sounds like you have you profile set w/ a relatively high "Minimum State of Charge". Try setting that to the minimum which is 25% and then enable "Preferred Charging Times" of 00:30 to 4:30. Minimum State of Charge is a pretty common point of confusion. What that does is override your time so that you car will charge up to that minimum regardless of time. Once it reaches that minimum, then it'll only charge between the hours which you've set.
Sponsored