Daft Question ... Has anybody in the UK actually seen a GTS on the road yet???

Have you seen a GTS in the wild?

• Yes!

• No, but I've seen lots of other Taycans

• I've seen a few Taycans, but not very many

• No, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

• What's a Taycan?

Results are only viewable after voting.

GlowRed

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sports Turismo
Country flag
I'm very pleased to hear you're enjoying it.

I haven't actually driven the GTS Yet. I test drove a Turbo and was very impressed. The Porsche salesman at the dealership tried to talk me out of the GTS by saying the Turbo was a lot quicker and the GTS was closer to the 4S but with fancy bits on it to make it look nicer. However, everything I've seen since actually points to the GTS being much closer to the Turbo (they share the same motors for instance). I thought the Turbo performance was also insane for the road (and the Turbo S must be even more so), so I'm not worried about the GTS being a touch less than that, but I also think the various blacked out fancy bits 😂
I think the Turbo's are just too fast for the road. When are you actually going to be able to use all of that power? The power of the GTS is more than enough to give plenty of enjoyment.

On that note, I also opted for blacked out MIssion E rims over the RS Spyder wheels. I personally prefer the deep dish look of the Mission E wheels, but I think the RS rims look great with the Volcano Grey on your car 👌🏻
I like the Mission E rims, but really like my RS Spyder rims, which as you pointed out, really suit my Volcano Grey car.

I presume yours also came with the Race Tex interior? I also opted for leather with mine as I have a 4 year old and a couple of dogs (who won't likely go in the car but their hair gets EVERYWHERE!). I prefer the look of the Race Tex though but I think it would just be a nightmare to keep nice.
Yes, the car came with the Race Tex interior, with the Crayon accents. I think it complements the outside colour perfectly. However, I agree children and pets are probably not the best with Race Tex. I don't have either 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
AGDunc

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
I think the Turbo's are just too fast for the road. When are you actually going to be able to use all of that power? The power of the GTS is more than enough to give plenty of enjoyment.
I'm doing my track day at Silverstone on Tuesday next week so I'll finally get a taste of the GTS myself then. I'm sure I won't be disappointed :)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I looked into a GTS ST when matrix lights were dropped from the CT 4S options list last year.
In the end it has a very small power increment over a 4S for the relatively large price difference which paid for a lot more options added as standard instead, but most of which I either didn’t want or couldn’t have - for example massage seats mean GTS interior must be dropped.
Also on the awful Oxfordshire roads I decided the extra suspension bump travel of the CT was a better compromise for me than the sporty setup of the GTS, particularly since there are sport and individual options if I want to change it, in the end it was a small saving for the spec I wanted and I prefer the CT 21” wheels to anything available for the GTS so ended up sticking to my CT 4S order and waiting, it was the longest wait at the time.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Snooker? Old man's game, like red cars.. :)

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
Picked mine up 2 weeks ago and very pleased with it, owned a 4s for 2 years prior.

2C7D4F49-1950-42A9-9768-0829A94B8032.jpeg

51617415-5AED-45D9-9D4A-F95C6870840C.jpeg

5766F6E6-EFDE-480D-9040-15916EDBD7E2.jpeg
You must have leapfrogged me at Leeds…….I’m still waiting for a battery.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Picked mine up 2 weeks ago and very pleased with it, owned a 4s for 2 years prior.

2C7D4F49-1950-42A9-9768-0829A94B8032.jpeg

51617415-5AED-45D9-9D4A-F95C6870840C.jpeg

5766F6E6-EFDE-480D-9040-15916EDBD7E2.jpeg
Very nice indeed. I initially ordered Carmine, then switched to Gentain. The Silver does look great, especially with all the black accents, wheels. hmmm!!!
Still looking like some way off before I can push the button.
Thanks for sharing and enjoy!

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS STCayenne 992GT3 Ferrari488spider 993C2
Country flag
My previous 4S saloon was Carmine and was tempted to have the GTS in same but fancied a change.

P0R5HE_UK

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo - Genti Blue (Sold), GTS - Ice Grey (Q1 23)
Country flag
I've owned a Turbo with 20" aero wheels and rear-steering for a year. Have a GTS on order (ordered Dec 2021 and in May 22, Porsche "cancelled" my order - WTF?!!) . GTS now due Feb 2023. Took the Turbo out for a last drive last week before leaving it with the dealer as a trade-in. Then took a GTS (21" RS Spyder wheels, rear-steering, standard brakes) out for a test drive immediately after. GTS had less acceleration than Turbo but till more than enough and somehow felt more manageable than the Turbo. Overall, feel was taught, fun and put a smile on my face. I loved the improved GTS handling and even enjoyed the GTS artificial sound, including "throttle blips" on slowing down. Very happy to be receiving it soon after a ridiculous wait!
Sponsored