Ntt888

First Name
Niki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT TS
Country flag
I’ve been searching for an answer regarding the varying trim options behind the driver display.

Some models have a futuristic triangular looking shape and no cover and some cars have a smart leather curved panel. I noticed this also improves the stitching trim of the dash.
Sponsored

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’ve been searching for an answer regarding the varying trim options behind the driver display.

Some models have a futuristic triangular looking shape and no cover and some cars have a smart leather curved panel. I noticed this also improves the stitching trim of the dash.
My Taycan is due in April, but from reading the threads on the HUD that is likely the reason for the different trim behind the driver display.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

If you option the HUD then the 'floating' cockpit (triangular shape) disappears and it becomes enclosed which spoils the look for the sake of a needless gadget.

Beyond that if you get extended leather then the top of the dash is covered in leather (in addition to other areas).

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I’d save the HUD money for something else, with the Taycan you get all the info you need on the driver dashboard and it is already in your field of view, just 3 degrees lower than the HUD. And as you say the HUD looks awful sitting on the dashboard.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag

I love my HUD! Use it all the time. Since you seem to prefer the look of the dash with the HUD shroud, you should opt for it. I agree that the HUD version of the dash looks great.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
FWIW, I think the dash does look better without HUD, but I'm 6'1 sitting as low as the seat would go. I do not notice the hud cutout from my vantage point. It is only an issue if you look at the space from the outside (through the windshield)
Sponsored