Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Our i4 has this feature. The nav system will calculate what SoC is needed to reach the destination and stop the charging at that level. Although you can override it beforehand or even during the charge if you want more of a buffer (or want to max out the free EA kWh).
However, given the New England CCS1 infrastructure, hardly a concern that the SoC will exceed your target while you're off doing whatever. More like a helpful reminder that yes, you can now *finally* get on your way after charging at 49kW at most locations, or 62 at ChargePoint, or ~80 at a dual-ChargePoint setup if nobody else is there, or about the same rate if at a typical EA that is rated for for a theoretical 9.8mW.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I did not say this alone.
There is optimum battery temperature (32-40C) for maximum charging speed. Below pre-heat above cooling.
Too many variables wrong way to pick up 1-2 factors and make a statement on them.
Exactly. Way too many variables, including battery design and chemistry, which can very much flip what is better or worse for the battery. E.g. latest Tesla LFP batteries don't mind 100% daily charge, the older ones do.