OP
LovinTaycan

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
The tech bulletin, discussions with my dealer, etc. The charger works fine. The problem is with the plug and charge feature which is for DC charging that Porsche does not have a solution for. The hold I believe is related to an inverter issue, but I haven’t been following that one closely.
I get this, but what you are saying does not make sense to me because I don't think Porsche is just going to ignore the fact that the plug and charge does not work. For me, I would love for them to ignore it, because I am not going to charge on the road, only at home.

Why do you think they are going to ignore this plug and charge issue.

Do you think my hold is an inverter issue. That would not be good because the new inverters appear to not be coming until April, according to others.
Sponsored

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I get this, but what you are saying does not make sense to me because I don't think Porsche is just going to ignore the fact that the plug and charge does not work. For me, I would love for them to ignore it, because I am not going to charge on the road, only at home.

Why do you think they are going to ignore this plug and charge issue.

Do you think my hold is an inverter issue. That would not be good because the new inverters appear to not be coming until April, according to others.
You can find all the info here:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ves-the-standard-plug-charge-capability.4181/

The problem is with a digital certificate that is stored on hardware either on the 19.2kW charger or a related device and apparently Porsche has no way to remotely fix it. It’s not uncommon to place digital certificates on devices that are immutable for security reasons, but when you do that you better get it right. They didn’t.

OP
OP
LovinTaycan

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
The tech bulletin, discussions with my dealer, etc. The charger works fine. The problem is with the plug and charge feature which is for DC charging that Porsche does not have a solution for. The hold I believe is related to an inverter issue, but I haven’t been following that one closely.
Exactly, I have read all of this and to me, this says they are removing the 19.2 kW option, not the plug and charge.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They're going to ignore the plug and charge problem. For people who bought the 19.2kW option, they'll provide some sort of compensation. And they won't offer it on any new orders. They aren't holding shipment over it, because they aren't going to fix it.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Exactly, I have read all of this and to me, this says they are removing the 19.2 kW option, not the plug and charge.
They removed the 19.2kW option because it broke Plug and Charge, a standard capability. They deployed a defective device, can’t remotely fix it, and are not planning to do a hardware swap (at least that’s indication thus far.)

jasonlaser

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'76 Porsche 914, '21 Taycan 4S Carmine Red ordered
Country flag
Anyone have an update on this? I don't have the 19.2kW option and the time in port (Jacksonville)
suddenly jumped a week.