ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
Has Porsche ever stated if they will update or offer a paid update for MY2020?
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Has Porsche ever stated if they will update or offer a paid update for MY2020?
I believe you can get P&C on a 2020 if you pay for the 22kW hardware upgrade. IMO it's not worth it. Once you know how to initiate the charge through the Porsche app (or the EA app if you don't have any free charging remaining) it's an simple and quick process.

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
I believe you can get P&C on a 2020 if you pay for the 22kW hardware upgrade. IMO it's not worth it. Once you know how to initiate the charge through the Porsche app (or the EA app if you don't have any free charging remaining) it's an simple and quick process.
We have entirely different ideas of quick or easy.

For me, it is a PITA nearly to the point of paying to avoid the nightmare that is the Porsche app.

I've tried using the Porsche included minutes several times and only once had success. Usually the app doesn't open the page to select the charger I am at or when it does and I plug the connector in and hit "start charge", it just comes back with "unknown charge error" which miraculously doesn't happen with the same charge station and my Amex card.

I don't use public chargers enough to be motivated into spending 5k for the upgraded AC charger for the sole benefit of the plug n charge convenience. I was contemplating it for faster charging at home but I've since changed my mind after hearing that someone who did have the upgrade done ended up with error codes for their trouble.

On a side note, is there an app or site to calculate the miles per kW one can expect when using the more common 150kW charging stations vs the less common 350kW charging stations?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure this is useful but:
When using MyPorsche app to start charge at EA, before you connect car to EA dispenser, complete
the app process through the point of "start charging" on the app. Then connect the car to the dispenser.

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I read that PnC became available for 2020 if you upgraded to the 19kW charger (not cheap). See here. Perhaps this was done? But EA says going forward this might not be necessary?
Sponsored