Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I took a short trip recently of about 150 miles. About 30 minutes in my wife and I noticed that the screens were pretty hot and it seemed to be all of them including the passenger display. Prior to this I had charged the car to 100% for our trip and heated the cabin. Keep in mind this is Minnesota so at that time the outside temp was around 0º F. I did not have my thermal camera with me but the displays were warm again when we got home so I took pictures.

I did not think the displays were as hot as when we first noticed but were still hotter than I would expect. Has anyone else seen this? I searched the forum but did not find anything, sorry if I missed another discussion.

Porsche Taycan Displays getting hot IMG_0001.JPG
Porsche Taycan Displays getting hot IMG_0002.JPG
Porsche Taycan Displays getting hot IMG_0003.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: B61

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
That can't be good for energy conservation.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Great pictures. Have not noticed this at all.

NeilM

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
It just happened to my 2022 Taycan 4S which is only 3 weeks old. All displays were extremely hot. When we got home after 20-30mins and idled in the driveway, temp started to decrease. Not sure what’s going on? But I did text my Porsche dealer for their thoughts. Awaiting response.

Any further updates from anyone?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I don't know Porsche software designs well enough yet to be sure, but if it's really cold outside, electronics might choose to heat themselves by cranking up the backlight power and dimming the display - I have seen such as solution on a cell phone once.

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
Haven't noticed it in my car but was not really looking for it either. Maybe it has something to do with global warming? :p

Jules

First Name
Julianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I took a short trip recently of about 150 miles. About 30 minutes in my wife and I noticed that the screens were pretty hot and it seemed to be all of them including the passenger display. Prior to this I had charged the car to 100% for our trip and heated the cabin. Keep in mind this is Minnesota so at that time the outside temp was around 0º F. I did not have my thermal camera with me but the displays were warm again when we got home so I took pictures.

I did not think the displays were as hot as when we first noticed but were still hotter than I would expect. Has anyone else seen this? I searched the forum but did not find anything, sorry if I missed another discussion.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
Hi, did you ever figure out why the screens were heating up? I have a 2024 Taycan and the instrument cluster, infotainment and climate screens all heat up. 123 F, 112F, and 104F for each of the screens. I tested it with and without charging my phone or using apple car play and it still heats up. Taking it into the dealer but just wanted to see what happened with yours. Temperature has not been hot outside where I live, happens while driving at night as well. Thank you in advance.

Porsche Taycan Displays getting hot 20240308T125244

Porsche Taycan Displays getting hot 20240308T125205

Porsche Taycan Displays getting hot 20240308T125201

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have not found a solution but I also have not noticed it. But that may be as much as having gotten used it.
Sponsored