andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
I'm one of those that thinks the sport chrono sticks out like a sore anachronism in the Taycan, but I'm currently in a Macan loaner where the chrono doesn't stick out nearly as much. I wish the Taycan chrono was more integrated like the Macan.
I would prefer "half a sport chrono". Steering Wheel and driving mod knob: Yes, please! Anachronism, sight obstructing clock: No, thank you.
Sponsored

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I didn't get it on my 4s and don't have sport plus mode without it, I haven't driven one with it, but, if I would have known that I would have ordered it, only thing I regret not getting
If you didn't order it, then you shouldn't have sport plus mode, only sport mode.

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
I would prefer "half a sport chrono". Steering Wheel and driving mod knob: Yes, please! Anachronism, sight obstructing clock: No, thank you.
I don't find the clock to be a sight obstructing, furthermore as my seat/wheel configuration I don't see the time on the instrument cluster so it's nice to have it on the clock. IMO the clock is really befitting in the cockpit

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
I’ve just got mine last week and spec’d sports Chrono. Pleased I did. Steering wheel looks cooler and is really useful. Would feel I’m missing out without sports plus to be honest.

Really don’t get those that say the middle clock is ugly. Everyone whose seen my car comments how cool it looks and compared to my business partners dash without it looks just bland.

For the relatively low cost it’s a 100% yes from me and pleased I spec'd it.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I almost did not spec sport chrono because of the clock. I have gotten used to it though after 8 months. I do wish the hands showed time, not seconds (our Cayenne is this way). I'm still not sure I would or would not like the dash line better without the clock. The selector knob though is worth it. I've used the chrono feature on a track day too and it was amusing, borderline distracting, not as useful as an actual data recorder.

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you do not order sport chrono you get sport plus for the suspension but not for the "drive".
What does sports plus for the "drive" do? I wouldn't suspect it's additional power, correct?

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
What does sports plus for the "drive" do? I wouldn't suspect it's additional power, correct?
From US 4S configurator for Sport Chrono Package:
  • Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel including mode switch for selecting drive modes: Range, Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS and Individual
  • SPORT PLUS mode with performance oriented tuning of chassis, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the Performance Battery
  • Individual mode for the individual configuration of the settings for driving mode, chassis, chassis level and Porsche Electric Sport Sound

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
  • Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel including mode switch for selecting drive modes: Range, Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS and Individual
  • SPORT PLUS mode with performance oriented tuning of chassis, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the Performance Battery
  • Individual mode for the individual configuration of the settings for driving mode, chassis, chassis level and Porsche Electric Sport Sound
But how much a difference? I don't know and I don't even care. I drive my Taycan always in Normal mode. Plenty of range and more than enough punch, and it flies around corners!

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
‘Individual” only appears to be included with sport chrono package. I think a lot of owners giving advice on here or assuming non-chrono cars have it as well.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
But how much a difference? I don't know and I don't even care. I drive my Taycan always in Normal mode. Plenty of range and more than enough punch, and it flies around corners!
Yeah this car in normal mode will smoke pretty much everything else on the planet and their respective sport modes, lol

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
You want that clock cuz the dail goes to 12 o'clock when you lock the car.
When unlocking it, it shows the time again.
That is so cool.
That's the only reason I wanted a Taycan.
Gross

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Has anyone got a side by side photo of the steering wheels with and without sports chrono? I can't see much difference on the configurator but mainly because it doesn't show the standard wheel
Sponsored