Do you have the pano roof? Comments on how much you like it below

• Total voters

FMO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (MY21)
Country flag
There are no packages in the UK. I posted in the UK forum as I hoped to get a uk result. Looks like the result is skewed by the US premium package
I specced from new and intentionally chose not to have the pano roof as I like the cocooned sports car feeling (frustrated 911 owner who needs fully electric car…) - I have volcano grey over chalk beige and no claustrophobia issues (!) - the aerodynamic lines on the roof are part of the beautiful design of the car and it makes me happy every time I walk away and notice it - pano roof detracts form the visual in my view and for me serves no purpose - I have a massive sliding pano on the XC90 which the kids love so maybe im spoilt ;) re-sale who knows - without pano may be rare and more in demand! That said I specced sport chrono for re-sale and I use the steering wheel dial every time I drive

ps whilst I’m here … the sport sound is an essential IMHO if you are/were a petrolhead - I miss the noise part of the driving experience so much but this gives you something even if it’s “fake”!
Sponsored

Wlj

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911, range rover
Country flag
I am interested in how many have the pano roof in the UK. Apparently “most people want it” but some threads from hotter countries suggest that it may be unpleasant in hot sunny weather.

I am not sure whether to spec it, mainly for resale in 3-4 years. I know that some on here will tell me that I won’t be able to give the car away if I don’t have it!

It would be helpful to comment how you got on in the hot weather we had in June. Did you wish they had put a blind in? Do your rear seat passengers complain about the sun? Do you get it in your eyes through the roof or do you feel the heat through it?

I see little value in having it for me, but am considering it as if most cars really have it then future sale could be difficult.

Thanks
I have the pano roof and it's great - light and airy in car and it looks good too - no issues with heat and kids love it when they are in the back too

clivep

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2021
Country flag
I have the pano roof on my 4S+ because I needed to fit roof bars for bike carriers. The glass roof gives the interior a much lighter, airier feel, great for passengers, particularly those in the back.
I have not noticed any heat gain in the UK this summer - remember that you will precool the interior as soon as the vehicle unlocks anyway (and sooner if you use the app). I would not have bought it but for the bikes - however I have no regrets. Incidentally when there is water on the surface of the roof it reflects a beautiful crimson colour!
On another topic, bikes and roof carriers: battery consumption can increase 25% with two bikes on top, 10% with roof bars and no bikes - so remove the bars if not using them!

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I have the pano roof on my 4S+ because I needed to fit roof bars for bike carriers. The glass roof gives the interior a much lighter, airier feel, great for passengers, particularly those in the back.
I have not noticed any heat gain in the UK this summer - remember that you will precool the interior as soon as the vehicle unlocks anyway (and sooner if you use the app). I would not have bought it but for the bikes - however I have no regrets. Incidentally when there is water on the surface of the roof it reflects a beautiful crimson colour!
On another topic, bikes and roof carriers: battery consumption can increase 25% with two bikes on top, 10% with roof bars and no bikes - so remove the bars if not using them!
Thanks. I did wonder how badly something on the roof affected range. I am surprised it is so much with just the bars - and a pretty big impact with 2 bikes. I suppose it wrecks the very low drag factor. Anyone have a figure for how badly a roof box affects it? Although I suppose they look streamlined.
Sponsored