Does anyone actually use launch control?

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
Still experimenting a bit with the TS CT MY22, the replacement of my previous 4SCT MY23. Best launch with the 4SCT I got was 3.84s to 100km/u. On the same road (cold tires though) I got the TSCT to achieve 2.96s, together with my son (more weight all together). I do believe even with a CTTS 2.8s to 100kmu is possible. Not too bad for such a heavy car!
Measured with my Dragy GPS equipment, as such solid measurement.
A solid 1.4G on launch.
Porsche Taycan Does anyone actually use launch control? Screenshot_20230910_200257_dragy
Sponsored

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
No, pointless. (Along with thousands of drag races on you to be etc.)

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve done it twice. People in the car both times said please never again. I haven’t had the desire to use it anymore.

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Used it probably 15~20 times over the last two and a half weeks since it arrived. A week of that I was away on business. Only once was on my own right when it was delivered. It seems like a waste of electrons when I'm on my own running around town, and who am I aiming to impress? I enjoy the trip taking a little longer so I can spend more time in the car! The only time I care to use it is really just when I've got friends who want to experience it, or my kids who demand it at least once per trip 🤣

koji52

First Name
Koji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
JIP1080 and I live in the same world. Kids demand it all the time, and I try to get into the car as frequently as I can. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't launch it on my own from time to time. I got the Turbo S to enjoy all of the power that Porsche has made available in this car, and it puts a smile on my face every time.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
So, just came home from a trip. Ad a red light close to home my neighbor was next to me in his Q8 and I just had to launch control. And now my wife is nauseous and angry. I have been wondering if I needed a 4S but when you primarily drive with others the CT 4 is enough.
Pro tip, even though Porsche does not have the official "wife driving mode", it should be programmed into your foot. This weekend I was dropping my wife off at this one place, the trip included some nice windy roads. My trip time there was 50% longer (wife in the car) than the time back. ;) Oh, and my wife drives a Q8 eTron, I would never try to race her at the lights, or she'd remind me how I downgraded her from her last two cars - Model S'es, to Q8 eTron :CWL: (full disclosure, he ok'ed the "downgrade" after test driving the latest Model X which she thought he wanted).

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do that whenever I want :) Why would I have a fast car and never drive it properly?