ssilverman21

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
New Taycan owner here … why when changing drive modes (i.e. normal to sport or sport plus) the car defaults to automatically applying the Regenerative Breaking mode? In this scenario, going from Normal to Sport or Sport Plus, you want an instant power add, but instead the car automagically applies the Regenerative Break that causes drag.

is there anyway to change this setting?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
You can set individual mode. Regenerative braking only happens when you lift off to the accelerator. Car acts similar to driving an ICE (in my case a GT3), when you lift the drag of the drive train slows the car down.

You can also hit the button on the steering wheel to turn off the regenerative braking, without changing the drive mode.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
New Taycan owner here … why when changing drive modes (i.e. normal to sport or sport plus) the car defaults to automatically applying the Regenerative Breaking mode? In this scenario, going from Normal to Sport or Sport Plus, you want an instant power add, but instead the car automagically applies the Regenerative Break that causes drag.

is there anyway to change this setting?
My car (and I think all Taycans ?) actually does the opposite. When I change drive modes it turns OFF Regen Braking (which I like and use all the time). Plus when I start the car, I am forced to set the Regen braking. Am I missing something?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
My car (and I think all Taycans ?) actually does the opposite. When I change drive modes it turns OFF Regen Braking (which I like and use all the time). Plus when I start the car, I am forced to set the Regen braking. Am I missing something?
There are defaults for each mode. Some modes (like sport) default on. It goes to the default for a particular mode when you enter that mode. Normal defaults to off and normal is the default when the car starts.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Overrun recuperation is part of Sport or Sport Plus so I doubt anything is being turned off.

Individual is the customisable mode.

Brake recuperation is always (except on start up for a mile or so) present when applying the brakes and not something you can adjust.

Recuperation via overrun (foot off the throttle) can be user controlled via the steering wheel button.
Sponsored