Duffel Bags That Fit The Taycan Frunk?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A list of my charging gear packed into the bag - with gratitude to the @daveo4EV School of Charging Witchcraft and Wizardry:
  • Main compartment:
    • Porsche PMC+
    • PMC+ 15A adapter cable
    • PMC+ 40A adapter cable
    • JLONG J-1772 20 feet extension cable.
  • Mesh top pocket under lid:
    • NEMA 6-50P to 14-50R adapter
    • NEMA SS2-50P to 14-50R adapter
    • TeslaTap MINI 80 AMP
Thanks for sharing your components and storage.
I'm curious, do you have the NEMA SS2-50P adapter for use at receptacles at marine locations, or for non-marine locations?

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your components and storage.
I'm curious, do you have the NEMA SS2-50P adapter for use at receptacles at marine locations, or for non-marine locations?
This adapter is among the recommended items in the Road Warrior Kit published here in the forum by @daveo4EV. I have not needed it, but I purchased one with the Boy Scout mentality of being prepared. Apparently you may encounter them not only at marinas, but also at concert venues, some parking lots, and as a connector on some AC generators.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
This adapter is among the recommended items in the Road Warrior Kit published here in the forum by @daveo4EV. I have not needed it, but I purchased one with the Boy Scout mentality of being prepared. Apparently you may encounter them not only at marinas, but also at concert venues, some parking lots, and as a connector on some AC generators.
correct - I've used mine a few times - I am in fact at a location this weekend that has one - Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma California - it's effectively a NEMA 6-50 plug with the wrong shaped connector - so it's 9.6 kW of charging goodness if/when you encounter one - it is however "boyscout" but useful as a road-warrior kit item.

see photos below - for those that know and have the adapter it's effectively a "secret" NEMA 14-50 outlet.

Porsche Taycan Duffel Bags That Fit The Taycan Frunk? 5D951E96-929B-4542-ADC0-A7478B5664B8

Porsche Taycan Duffel Bags That Fit The Taycan Frunk? DF91FF43-AFBA-471F-A8B5-67F33998A224

Last edited: