• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

JayGT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2024/03/12/porsche-ev-sales-goal-strong-macan-ev-orders/

Porsche Macan EV sees strong orders ahead of deliveries

In the second half of 2024, deliveries of the new Porsche Macan EV will kick off. The new 100% electric Macan will be built alongside its ICE sister model in Leipzig.

Porsche said Macan EV orders have “developed very positively” since the books opened. CEO Oliver Blume boasted, “We already have 10,000 orders, and these customers haven’t even been able to drive the car yet.”

An upgraded 911, including a high-performance hybrid drive version, is due out early this summer.

With demand for electric vehicles climbing, Porsche is sticking to its EV sales target. Porsche expects 80% of deliveries to be all-electric by 2030.

Porsche is “driving forward the ramp-up of e-mobility with the same dedication as ever.” These plans include an electric 718 planned for the middle of the decade. Following that, Porsche will launch its long-awaited electric Cayenne.

Porsche is also expanding its lineup “upwards” with a new all-electric luxury SUV. The electric SUV will be “sportily positioned above the Cayenne.”

The new EV will be based on the SSP platform, which is also expected to power the first electric Lamborghini model. Blume said the upcoming luxury EV will be “a very sporting interpretation of an SUV.”

That said, Porsche expects lower profits this year with several new model launches. Porsche aims for an operating return on sales between 15% and 17%. Revenue is expected to be slightly higher in 2024, at around 40 to 42 billion euros ($43.7K to $45.8K).

Meanwhile, Meschke said Porsche is sticking to its mid-term return target of 17% to 19%. In the long-term, Porsche aims for over 20%.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Porsche is also expanding its lineup “upwards” with a new all-electric luxury SUV. The electric SUV will be “sportily positioned above the Cayenne.”
Is that, like, a handstand or something? Or is it more of a “pose”, a la Usain Bolt?

Glad to see the Macan off to a good start. Hope it won’t disappoint. I’ll be curious to see how the new Taycan fares.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Hmmm Yeah as a new customer I feel the pain already, ordered on launch day a Turbo, it was projected for summer delivery, september at the latest, got message that they cannot tell when I’ll get it, so it’s clear they booted me from my spot, not a happy camper 🤷‍♂️

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2024/03/12/porsche-ev-sales-goal-strong-macan-ev-orders/

Porsche Macan EV sees strong orders ahead of deliveries

In the second half of 2024, deliveries of the new Porsche Macan EV will kick off. The new 100% electric Macan will be built alongside its ICE sister model in Leipzig.

Porsche said Macan EV orders have “developed very positively” since the books opened. CEO Oliver Blume boasted, “We already have 10,000 orders, and these customers haven’t even been able to drive the car yet.”

An upgraded 911, including a high-performance hybrid drive version, is due out early this summer.

With demand for electric vehicles climbing, Porsche is sticking to its EV sales target. Porsche expects 80% of deliveries to be all-electric by 2030.

Porsche is “driving forward the ramp-up of e-mobility with the same dedication as ever.” These plans include an electric 718 planned for the middle of the decade. Following that, Porsche will launch its long-awaited electric Cayenne.

The new EV will be based on the SSP platform, which is also expected to power the first electric Lamborghini model. Blume said the upcoming luxury EV will be “a very sporting interpretation of an SUV.”

That said, Porsche expects lower profits this year with several new model launches. Porsche aims for an operating return on sales between 15% and 17%. Revenue is expected to be slightly higher in 2024, at around 40 to 42 billion euros ($43.7K to $45.8K).

Meanwhile, Meschke said Porsche is sticking to its mid-term return target of 17% to 19%. In the long-term, Porsche aims for over 20%.
Early sales of the Macan statement is pretty much word for word what was said of the Taycan when it had "10,000 orders at launch" - many going to dealerships. Porsche marketing machine is getting lazier and lazier it seems and could be more creative with their wording!

My early interest and first drive is to see how the range works out in real life - I need to separate fact from fiction given many of our experiences with the Taycan Gen 1 which still lists overly optimistic WLTP data.

Reactions: D00

shesallthat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Hmmm Yeah as a new customer I feel the pain already, ordered on launch day a Turbo, it was projected for summer delivery, september at the latest, got message that they cannot tell when I’ll get it, so it’s clear they booted me from my spot, not a happy camper 🤷‍♂️
ohh no.. I hope that changes for you the closer we get. I’ve also ordered one - I was told September. I need it to stay that way.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Does anyone know when the dealers are getting the demonstrators in ?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Does anyone know when the dealers are getting the demonstrators in ?
I was told March when I ordered in Jan
Last week my salesman said 'absolutely no idea'
All UK Porsche UK sales staff spent February driving production models in Portugal so
they exist and it cant be long

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
They'll appear from June - demos at a minimum.

All sounds very Taycan'esq IMHO - stimulate uncertainty to bolster demand....

Reactions: D00

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag

My early interest and first drive is to see how the range works out in real life - I need to separate fact from fiction given many of our experiences with the Taycan Gen 1 which still lists overly optimistic WLTP data.
My bet/expectation based on my taycan experience, driving it relaxed (avg 75mph) is 60% of announced wlpt range.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
My bet/expectation based on my taycan experience, driving it relaxed (avg 75mph) is 60% of announced wlpt range.
Hmm the tests some journalists did seem to counter indicate this … on YT you have carmaniac, he did an early test, out of spec and another US based outlet all had 300+ miles range at highway speed … so 20% below WLTP which is normal als WLTP is a mix of driving …

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag
Just for reference, I am quite expert at efficient driving (I won a driving range contest a few years ago - ok, a lot :rolleyes: of years ago).
I rode (once) my Taycan to do a test range and it can be really impressive, but it makes no sense for me to drive a Porsche like that! It was the most painful trip I did in a car, my brain could not cope with the nonsense of speed vs car ability and design goal.
So for me those tests are not real world and when I say "relaxed" it is because I include a couple of accelerations that we are expected to do when buying and using a Porsche.
To loose 20% you will still have to drive for range. For that I would buy a Tesla.

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think Porsche can probably do 10x more orders if they had a simpler purchasing process similar to Rivian, Polestar and Tesla.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium 4X, ready for the Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
I think Porsche can probably do 10x more orders if they had a simpler purchasing process similar to Rivian, Polestar and Tesla.
100%, the order placing process has been terrible so far, tried to work with a few dealerships and am extremely unimpressed with how some of them treat customers wanting to spend 6 figures on a car. Shameful!

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I had a very pleasant experience, but I also had to be physically there and spent a few hours at the dealership. Compared to buying my first car (Tesla), which took 2-3 clicks. However, I appreciate showing me around to check other cars, materials, etc. They have to make it an option tho, if you just want to order online.