evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
...Yes, I’m paying for what supposedly is free, but it’s hassle free this way.
Lets be sure we note that this is really NOT "free". We all paid Porsche for this when we bought the car.

It may seem like we are just missing out on some "free" service, but you can be sure that the bean-counters at Porsche added this all in to our original purchase price for the vehicle.

Ultimately these are services that we have paid for which are not being delivered. I'm sure your sales guy/gal told you all about the 3 years of "free" charging that came with the car. Ironically, its actually to Porsche's financial advantage NOT to fix these problems!

Nice, huh?
Sponsored

PTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, RRS SC, S2000, Integra Type-R
Country flag
Neither of the Porsche apps (Charging NA or Porsche Connect) work very well. They used to NOT work at all but both have had recent updates (past 30 days). I believe Porsche is trying to move folks away from Charging NA and onto Porsche Connect. They are obviously VERY CHALLENGED in getting ANY apps to work and I think they want to cut their exposure in half by moving everyone onto Porsche Connect. (At least then its only one app thats not working properly). As you are supposed to be able to start a charge from Porsche Connect as well, I would bet that Charging NA will be "retired" before too long...

Just yesterday, I went out for a little day trip and just for a "destination" drove to an EA charger about 60 miles away. Although I was able (eventually) to get the Porsche Connect app to initiate a charge, it quickly stated that the charging session was stopped/disconnected (although the car and charging terminal indicated otherwise). So, the Porsche Connect app is still messed up to some degree...

It should be noted, that if you don't have time to f*ck around with the Porsche stuff, you know - like on a long road trip, you are much better off just using the Electrify America app. IMHO: its worth paying for the charge just to avoid all the frustration with the Porsche App(s)....

PTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, RRS SC, S2000, Integra Type-R
Country flag
Neither of the Porsche apps (Charging NA or Porsche Connect) work very well. They used to NOT work at all but both have had recent updates (past 30 days). I believe Porsche is trying to move folks away from Charging NA and onto Porsche Connect. They are obviously VERY CHALLENGED in getting ANY apps to work and I think they want to cut their exposure in half by moving everyone onto Porsche Connect. (At least then its only one app thats not working properly). As you are supposed to be able to start a charge from Porsche Connect as well, I would bet that Charging NA will be "retired" before too long...

Just yesterday, I went out for a little day trip and just for a "destination" drove to an EA charger about 60 miles away. Although I was able (eventually) to get the Porsche Connect app to initiate a charge, it quickly stated that the charging session was stopped/disconnected (although the car and charging terminal indicated otherwise). So, the Porsche Connect app is still messed up to some degree...

It should be noted, that if you don't have time to f*ck around with the Porsche stuff, you know - like on a long road trip, you are much better off just using the Electrify America app. IMHO: its worth paying for the charge just to avoid all the frustration with the Porsche App(s)....
Same exact thing has been happening to me. Two 200 mile road trips. Started charging thru the Charging America app, but stopped charging less than a minute into the charge. Really really annoying. One time, I thought it worked, walked into walmart, came back out and saw my car wasn't charged at all. Same SOC. Extremely frustrating. If anyone knows the resolution, pls LMK. The only way I got the charging to work is calling EA support so that they can start the charge from their side.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Same exact thing has been happening to me. Two 200 mile road trips. Started charging thru the Charging America app, but stopped charging less than a minute into the charge. Really really annoying. One time, I thought it worked, walked into walmart, came back out and saw my car wasn't charged at all. Same SOC. Extremely frustrating. If anyone knows the resolution, pls LMK. The only way I got the charging to work is calling EA support so that they can start the charge from their side.
I should also say that at both stations where I could not activate ANY of the terminals, a call to Electrify America did not help. I was moving my car all over the place at both locations while the EA tech was trying to remotely activate the terminals. They couldn't get them running remotely either...

On that road trip, if the EA App couldn't get a terminal running, neither could their tech support. Of course, neither of the Porsche apps would basically work at all so I simply ended up using (and paying) for access using the EA app...