electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Can you share the phone and email you used for this? I similarly got it fixed but only after about three weeks of calling EA 15 minutes before arriving to any charger and then getting them to give me a free charge once they picked up. I made a point to emphasize that there was a problem with my account but none of the customer service representatives seemed to have much influence over the matter; it just randomly started working again one day (presumably because somebody reset my account like yours?)
Sponsored

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
The email is [email protected] . I think this is the better choice than by phone.
But, the phone is 800-767-7243.

I note that it took about a week to get any response. So, be patient.
FYI, here is the main message I got from them.

"Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars North America! I apologize for the delay in our response.

I am writing you today with regards to your Electrify America charging. I understand this situation may be frustrating, and I am happy to assist you.

The Customer Interaction Center (our phone line) is not open on Sundays. I do not see a previous case for the phone call that you mentioned in your email, but I am more than happy to assist in this situation. And thank you for sending the error images!

Your case number is XXXXXXXXX.

So I may forward your case to our expert team, I do require a few more pieces of information:

1. A photo of the letters LTE on the right hand side of the Taycan Screen
  2. A photo of the "Accounts" section showing you are logged in (select the "Settings" >> "Accounts")
  3. A photo of the privacy mode (Settings >> Privacy and Porsche Connect )
  4. A photo of the software version (Settings >> System >> Version Information >> Software Version)

At this time, Porsche and EA are working toward a solution to create a seamless experience at Electrify America charging stations with Porsche Vehicles, and we appreciate your patience as we look to resolve this issue.

If you have any further questions, please reply directly to this email, or feel free to give us a call at 1-800-767-7243. For Connect inquiries, please state “Porsche Connect”, or select Option 0, Option 3 and then Option 1. Thank you for being a part of the Porsche family!"

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
https://apple.news/Az1tgi_JyTFeHLr5m3HAHew (may be behind paywall)

A few excerpts of interest:

“Cullen points out that in Electrify America’s latest draft investment plan — which details how the company will spend the final chunk of the settlement money — the charging network acknowledges performance problems.”

“They talk about maintenance, but there’s no performance requirements or guarantees or actions from Electrify America”

“Electrify America says no fines have ever been imposed by the Environmental Protection Agency or the California Air Resources Board. But consumers report seeing Electrify America chargers that are broken for months at a time.”

and finally

“There is some evidence that the network is improving. EVSession founder Bill Ferro, whose analytics company tracks charger reliability, said his sampling data over the last few months indicates that Electrify America may be now be ahead of some of its peer companies.”

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
I wasn’t posting it for the charging speed in the display since that was at the very end.
(Although it never got out of the double digits.)
But rather for the prompt from Windows asking me if I wanted to install an update.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wasn’t posting it for the charging speed in the display since that was at the very end.
(Although it never got out of the double digits.)
But rather for the prompt from Windows asking me if I wanted to install an update.
Yeah I know. It’s just so goofy though isn’t it?
Sponsored