Electrify Canada

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Thinking of taking a trip from the us to Canada and was wanting to use electrify Canada free charging like I use ElectrifyAmerica. Do I need to download a special app (I had to download a separate app for electrify America) to do this or how have others accomplished this? Thanks for the help :)
Sponsored

KenTO

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thinking of taking a trip from the us to Canada and was wanting to use electrify Canada free charging like I use ElectrifyAmerica. Do I need to download a special app (I had to download a separate app for electrify America) to do this or how have others accomplished this? Thanks for the help :)
I think the Porsche Charging NA app should work fine.

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
It will not.
I have charging N a app. My car is Canadian. I can see All chargers in Canada but not in USA. To be able to get electrify america chargers I had to load their app. Also I had to open an account to be able charging in USA .
With print screen. Charging N A . 0 charger at Walmart. And with electrify America 4 chargers

Porsche Taycan Electrify Canada 8EB382B2-988F-4856-9FBB-32BF8CA01B2C

Porsche Taycan Electrify Canada A740B197-C7CB-49EE-BC18-17E1E5FCD8CB

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
With print screen. Charging N A . 0 charger at Walmart. And with electrify America 4 chargers

8EB382B2-988F-4856-9FBB-32BF8CA01B2C.png

A740B197-C7CB-49EE-BC18-17E1E5FCD8CB.png
very interesting, my charging na app didn’t work either till I went to settings and linked it to my Porsche Id, might try that, but good to know the charging na app will work on electrify Canada thanks :)

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
very interesting, my charging na app didn’t work either till I went to settings and linked it to my Porsche Id, might try that, but good to know the charging na app will work on electrify Canada thanks :)
it will be working. Yes. But not in full. You will not have the chargers available. You must download electrify canada .

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
it will be working. Yes. But not in full. You will not have the chargers available. You must download electrify canada .
I see, I have the electrify Canada app downloaded, how do you set it up to get free charging? I could never do it with electrify America app, had to use the charging na app, maybe the Porsche connect app is the solution, just seemed charging na was more reliable, thanks

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see, I have the electrify Canada app downloaded, how do you set it up to get free charging? I could never do it with electrify America app, had to use the charging na app, maybe the Porsche connect app is the solution, just seemed charging na was more reliable, thanks
I asked to my dealer. app. Charge N A must be logged with your porsche ID . It is working only in the country that you purchase your Taycan. I have tried to get Canada and USA because I spent 6 months in each country. But it is impossible

gentley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (sold), Taycan 4S
Country flag
I asked to my dealer. app. Charge N A must be logged with your porsche ID . It is working only in the country that you purchase your Taycan. I have tried to get Canada and USA because I spent 6 months in each country. But it is impossible
Anything further on this…?

I just found this out the hard way on my first US road trip. I called Porsche who either didn’t understand or were not aware that the Connect/Charging NA apps would not work (or rather would not display stations) outside the country of “ownership”. They have opened a ticket but I am not hopeful.

I thought that the free charging sessions should be available both in the US and Canada for owners from both countries. I don’t believe it is possible to get those free sessions via the EA or EC apps - only the Connect of Charging NA apps - correct?

gentley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (sold), Taycan 4S
Country flag
...what's more I just found out that you can't sign up as a member with Electrify America and use their App for charging with a Canadian credit card.....!!

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
You will need the Electrify Canada app, bot you should call them re free charging. I am told that we Canadians don’t get free EA charging, so the reverse may apply to you.

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Just bringing this topic back up. I’ve charged twice successfully at the EC station at Nanaimo (only EC on Vanc Isl). Used the 150kw and 350kw chargers. No app was used; I just plugged in, the car and station communicated, the screen on the station displayed “Taycan Inclusive Plan” and started charging. It also reminds you that the first 30 min are free and it would be .44/min (350kw)afterwards.
I should add that I have the My Porsche app. I notice that only the Electrify Canada stations only show up on the Nav planner, so I suppose the US stations are going to continue to need an app. Anyone from Canada had that experienc?
Sponsored