First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Hi
I have 2 mobile connect chargers. One came with the Taycan and the other I bought from someone who'd had a Panemera.
The old one asks for the pin immediately and starts charging within a few seconds. The new one however takes a couple of minutes before the pin is requested and even then is a few seconds between being able to press a number. Is this slowness normal?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You can disable the PIN feature for one thing if in a secure enough area.

Is the charger in standby or fully booted and connected to the internet before connecting?

As an aside worth checking the output of the Panamera charger - which model is it as it could be lower powered than what you got with your Taycan which I assume is the standard Porsche Charger Connect Plus rather than the Porsche Mobile? Charger Connect?

OP
OP

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, it's the same output.
I'll check the status if tye charger. Thanks for that.

Is the charger in standby or fully booted and connected to the internet before connecting?

As an aside worth checking the output of the Panamera charger - which model is it as it could be lower powered than what you got with your Taycan which I assume is the standard Porsche Charger Connect Plus rather than the Porsche Mobile? Charger Connect?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Once you disable PLC in the newer PMCC (in two different places - you will need to log in as the service user or "tech" user to do the second one), the connection to the car is faster. You can disable the power-saving sleep if you want and that will also speed things up.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Once you disable PLC in the newer PMCC (in two different places - you will need to log in as the service user or "tech" user to do the second one), the connection to the car is faster. You can disable the power-saving sleep if you want and that will also speed things up.
I would leave PLC connection to the car "on" as there are benefits to be had and deactivate PLC to the network only.

Slow connection is a perception but if the charger isn't sleeping and connected to WiFi then assuming no profile or timer has been set to pause charging, charging will start in a few short seconds.

OP
OP

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. It takes 2 minutes at the moment

I would leave PLC connection to the car "on" as there are benefits to be had and deactivate PLC to the network only.

Slow connection is a perception but if the charger isn't sleeping and connected to WiFi then assuming no profile or timer has been set to pause charging, charging will start in a few short seconds.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Interesting. Which would be the benefits that come with leaving the charger-to-car PLC on?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Vehicle PCID / VIN passed to charger for authentication purposes and is captured in the charging logs. Management of charging pause when timer or profile is active - PMCC flashes blue until preset start time is reached and more comprehensive charging data displayed on My Porsche.

Also need plug and charge activated in PCM.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Vehicle PCID / VIN passed to charger for authentication purposes and is captured in the charging logs. Management of charging pause when timer or profile is active - PMCC flashes blue until preset start time is reached and more comprehensive charging data displayed on My Porsche.

Also need plug and charge activated in PCM.
I see. I have a pre-software-update MY2020 and therefore no plug & charge.

OP
OP

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you know how to set it not to be in Standby ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do you know how to set it not to be in Standby ?
Yes,

Use the PMC Charger Web portal / interface and logon as user ‘Home’ (your password will be in the envelope) and go to settings or config (can’t remember which) and disable sleep.

Make sure your charger is awake and connected to your WiFi before attempting the logon.

Not checked recently but it may be possible to do this using the PMCC touch screen - if you haven’t already tried. If not, then check and don’t bother with the web portal access.
Sponsored